Sometimes You Just Need…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Wine Ice Cream.

You’ve probably heard about it by now. And with so many Wegman’s so close by, you’ve probably seen and/or tasted it by now, too. And I’m sure that if you’ve tasted it, you can attest to it’s magic.

When I had my first bite (of Mercer’s Red Raspberry Chardonnay), my first word was literally “wow.” Firstly, you get the creamy sweet taste of raspberry. Then, as a surprise aftertaste: wine. It’s very subtle, but so delicious. With eight different flavors, four whites and four reds, Mercer’s ensures that there is a flavor to float everyone’s boat.

Of course there’s only 5% alcohol by volume, so if you’re looking for the same effect as tequila shots, this product may not be for you. However, one taster said, “I don’t know. If I had enough of this stuff I’d still take my top off.” Not ideal, though, to have to eat multiple tubs of ice cream in one quick sitting.

Rather, my friends and I think wine ice cream is much better suited for casual Thursday nights with your friends. It provides a good snack while you watch some Food Network or play Yahtzee. In any case, wine ice cream will certainly become, if it is not already, a freezer staple for women across the country.

Keep in mind however, that this ice cream still contains alcohol is not meant for consumption by anyone under 21 years of age. #DrinkandEatResponsibly

Currently a Senior at the University of Rochester. I'm an English major, with a focus on media, editing, and publishing. I'm a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma, a member of College Feminists, and a Building Manager in Wilson Commons aka the greatest. In my free time (of which there is rarely any), I love to read, talk about/watch baseball, learn new things, and do fun things with my squad.