This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

New year, new me! Just kidding. This overused saying seemed to ring true for tons of women on campus, because it seems that just about everyone changed their hair over break! From major chops to gorgeous dyes, the possibilities are endless, and everyone seems to be taking advantage of them.

Here are some of the trendiest ways to change up your ‘do this winter!

Chop It

If you’re getting tired of your current hair and are feeling daring, go for the big chop. The lob, or long bob, is one of the hottest styles this season. It’s super low maintenance and looks amazing whether you have loose beachy waves or a sleek salon blowout.

Natural Color Change

A great way to make a change without being too drastic is by getting a glaze, or some highlights or lowlights. These won’t change your base color too much, but will create a noticeable difference in the undertones of your hair. Lots of girls on campus have been doing this by adding a reddish tint to their locks, or getting highlights that emphasize the blond hints in their light brown hair.

Layers

This style will give your hair more movement and volume without changing the style too much. Layers are totally versatile and look great on any type of hair; try it with wavy, curly, or straight hair! This is a simple and classic look that you will never get bored of, and never regret! Ask your stylist to cut your hair with a razor while adding in the layers for an edgier look!

Major Dye Job

In between semesters is the best time to make a big change when it comes to your hair. Ever wonder if blondes have more fun? Try it out! Inspired by your Starbucks to try a caramel tint? Do it! Want to contrast your fair skin with a jet black hue? Go for it! The possibilities are endless, and you’ll be sure to make a statement when you get back to campus.

Have you seen any other new hair trends popping up on campus this semester? Let us know in the comments!

My life motto is that if mint chocolate chip ice cream can't fix it, you're screwed.