Meet our New Editor-in-Chief!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

This week we are so happy to profile our lovely editor-in-chief Pamela Ortego! As our fearless leader this year, she will be editing all our articles and planning creatively themed writing content! We can’t wait to see what she comes up with! 

Major/Minors: Double major in Business Marketing and Studio Art

How long have you been involved in Her Campus Rochester? I’ve been in HC Rochester for over a year now.

What are your goals for the semster? 

I look forward to all of the exciting projects we have coming up for this year – from cool article ideas to fun team bonding events. Although taking on the role of editor-in-chief is a challenging task, I believe that the position will give me the opportunity to develop and strengthen the HC Rochester chapter on campus as well as online. I cannot wait to expand our team of writers and to be able to share our personal experiences/styles/ favorites/etc. here at University of Rochester with our readers. My goals for HC Rochester include growing our team, delivering more creative articles, and moving up a level on the national platform of HC.

Favorite book/s: The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare and Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Favorite TV show/s: Friends ( I’ve practically memorized all the lines). A close second would be Fringe – the two shows are complete opposites but I love them both.

Which artists do you listen to the most often? Ingrid Michaelson and Imagine Dragons

Dream Travel Destination: I hope to have the chance to travel the world in the future, but at this moment, I would love to explore the beautiful towns and landscapes of Italy.

So there she is, and we are so lucky to have her!

HCXO

My name is Madeline and I am freshman at the University of Rochester. I row on the crew team and am planning on a double major in neuroscience and women's studies on a pre-med track. I am also involved with the Eco-Reps on campus and I love to read and play the piano.