Campus Cutie: Bruno Ham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

You can find Bruno b-boying with UR Stylez, or working in the machine shop in Rettner at 5am. (That’s dedication!)

Hometown: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Majors & Class Year: Mechanical Engineering and Economics, Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Birthday: May 8, 1992

You speak a lot of languages. What are they and how did you learn them?: I speak English, Portuguese, Korean, Spanish, and some Italian. Growing up in Brazil, I went to an English-Portuguese bilingual school. We spoke a lot of English at school, and my mother only spoke Korean, so I grew up learning Portuguese, English, and Korean all at once. I learned Spanish in high school and I’ve learned a bit of Italian in college. 

Favorite thing about U of R: The faculty. Even though we have extremely smart, award-winning professors, they are very approachable and friendly and really good role models for students. One of my favorites is Professor Muir, the senior design professor for mechanical engineering. During senior design week he took us out for beers. He’s a pretty cool guy. 

Favorite place in Rochester: The Public Market.   

Celebrity crush: Scarlett Johansson for sure. She’s in Avengers. That’s enough for me. 

Ideal date: Going hiking or kayaking, then camping out and cooking something really nice, like paella!

What’s something people should know about you?: Surprisingly, I’m a really good cook. 

Plans after graduation: Open my own construction business back in Brazil and marry an architect.  

If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?: Either sleeping or record hunting. 

Nikki Fox

Rochester

Nikki Fox is a Film & Media Studies and Spanish double major at the University of Rochester.