Best Comfort Food On Campus For Rush Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

With sorority recruitment approaching, I’ve been getting more nervous every day. As a freshman, I feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to rush. I have no idea what’s about to happen and like every problem I face I find the best way to solve them is with food. I’ve pretty much spent the past week with my friends eating all over campus as we try to find a way to relax about this upcoming weekend. As a result of my new food knowledge I decided to compile a list of the best comfort on campus for everyone else going through rush this semester!

1.    Kosher Corner brownies in Douglass. Fun fact: these are baked every night by a local rabbi’s wife!

2.    Connections soup, because a warm bowl of soup fixes everything.

3.    Mac and Cheese at the Pit. This runs out fast so get it while you can!

4.    Smoothies at the new Freshens Burrito Bowl in the Pit. My personal favorite is wild strawberry and oh kale.

5.    Dfo Brunch! With everything from an omelette station to the new cappuccino machine, you can never go wrong with brunch!

Hedy Ludwig is currently a freshman at the University of Rochester, majoring in Public Health. You can usually find her napping around campus, searching for the perfect brunch spot, or showing off pictures of her dog.