Basketball Standout Jodie Luther

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

What activities are you involved in on campus?
Women’s Basketball Team 

How has being a member of the women’s basketball team enhanced your college experience?
 It has changed my college experience in a positive way a lot more than I could have ever expected . I have learned probably just as much on the court about myself and my abilities as I have in the classroom. Basketball has provided me with incentives to make myself a better leader and to always strive to improve myself every day. Also, most of all, I’ve been so fortunate having awesome teammates that I am really lucky to call some of my best friends.

What would you like to accomplish in your last year here at the University?
It would be awesome to win a national championship, but overall I would like to have a successful final season on the court and to make the most of my last few months as an undergrad. Time is flying by so fast so I need to remind myself to enjoy the present as much as possible!

What are your plans for next year?
Next year, my dream would be to attend dental school. But if that does not work out I plan on looking for a job, although I am not sure in what field.  

Hilary Rosenthal is a senior International Relations major and minor in Journalism at the University of Rochester. Hilary recently returned from a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain and is excited to return to campus. She is a a varsity lacrosse player, Vice President of Panhellenic Conduct, a writer for Athletic Communications and a writer for the Campus Times. She hails from Loudonville, New York and loves skiing, fashion, exploring music, hot yoga, ice cream and fro- yo, traveling, cooking, nail polish and a great book. Although most of her experience is in the political field, she is extremely excited to work on and start a Her Campus branch at the University of Rochester.