This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

With a Co-op at the Democrat and Chronicle and involvement with MCAS, Global Union and
other on campus organizations, Tianna Manon has all the makings of a Campus Celebrity.

What is your year and major?
I am a second-year and dual-major in Journalism and Political Science

What made you come to RIT?
I ran track for a City team and our home field was here. My mom, a big believer in college,
would sneak me into the colleges so that I knew what to picture in a college. She thought it
would motivate me. I felt like I knew the campus so it was my first choice. Also, because of the
technological component of Journalism today.

What is your favorite class so far?
Either Urban Social Problems or Mass Communications with Hinda. It got me on Twitter, which
got me tons of opportunities.

What is your favorite thing about RIT?
My favorite thing about RIT is what most people love about college. The hook-ups that you can
get from the faculty are insane! The co-op system is especially awesome.

What got you interested in journalism?
I love to write (my mom is an English teacher), but we also talked a good deal about current
events and social issues. Journalism seems to be the confluence of the two.

What got you interested in political science?
I love social issues and current events. Politics has a direct relationship with the two. It seemed
natural to study politics. I don’t want to be a politician by any means; I just want to understand it
better when I do write about it.

How did you end up with a co-op at the Democrat and Chronicle?
A professor works there and has a connection there. A practicum is offered there and I signed up
and became one of the two students selected for this quarter. I love it!

Favorite place to eat on campus?
Wow. I’m not sure. Common’s has the best steak sub but I love Crossroads’ home fries. I guess I
have no favorite place.

What is your favorite food?
I have a favorite meal! I refuse to pick one of those foods. My favorite meal is a steak sub, with
fries, and a vanilla milkshake- ultra thick.

What is your favorite movie?
Either Titanic or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. One is good for a quick laugh, the other is
good after a bad week.

What is you favorite color?
Yellow. The bright kind. Not the geriatric kind.

What is your dream Job?
To be a political correspondent for somewhere not known for its biases. I want my insight to be
trusted by bipartisanly.

What is something very few People know about you?
I hate velvet and corduroy. If I touch it then I will rub my hands together until I can no longer
remember the feel. Both fabrics are out of style; I have no idea why I still come across it.

Jenna is an Advertising and Public Relations student at RIT, minoring in Marketing. She is a cupcake lover (although she loves how they look more than they taste), advocate of Breast Cancer education and awareness, sister of ZTA and assistant at RIT Sports Information. She loves wedding blogs, sailing, photography, bright colors, nail polish and a new pair of Sperry Top Siders. She has traveled to Spain, Israel, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Germany and Canada- with Spain and Israel being her favorites outside the U.S. Within the states, Jenna loves Rhode Island (especially the town of Watch Hill); Seattle, Washington; and Dallas, Texas. Although she is from the Garden State, Jenna hates the Jersey shore but does love to fist pump once in a while and hopes to move to Texas after graduation. With three PR internships as well as an advertising one under her belt, Jenna hopes to persue a career in either of these fields... or wedding planning, but she can keep dreaming.