This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

During the first weekend of February, RIT celebrated their 3rdannual FreezeFest event. FreezeFest is a three day event consisting of many small events and a few larger events ranging from puppy petting to a big comedy show.
The College Activities Board (CAB) started prepping long ago for FreezeFest. To get the students and community excited for the weekend, they handed out water bottles, fingerless gloves, hats and even shirts every week for the entire month leading up to FreezeFest. CAB’s efforts worked well considering the turn-out for the events all weekend.
Every day there would be lines winding around every corner as students and community members waited to get a caricature drawn or a personalized ice crystal with their face on it. There was a line for hours just to be able to hold a puppy or two for a few minutes. What seemed to be the most popular event of the weekend was the comedy show starring Donald Glover, most known for his role on NBC’s Community and his CD under the name Childish Gambino. Fans waited outside the Gordon Field House for hours before the sold out show.
“Seeing Donald Glover was pretty awesome,” said first year Zahal Kohistani. “I guess that was my favorite event because after the show I got to meet him and got his autograph which is pretty cool.”
Zahal was one of the few lucky fans that waited outside of the Field House in the cold just to meet Donald Glover.
The 3rdannual FreezeFest was a huge success. But for next year Zahal says,“There should be more puppies!”

Journalism major at RIT. Sister of Zeta Tau Alpha - Iota Psi.
Olivia is a sophomore Advertising and Public Relations major at the Rochester Institute of Technology. She works for RIT SportsZone as a reporter and in the marketing department. She is now also a co-founder of the RIT HerCampus branch which she can't wait to get started! Her biggest dream is to have her own talk show or to work as a reporter for ESPN. Her hobbies include acting and singing and she is almost always performing. She also has an unhealthy addiction to peanut butter and feels the need to put it on everything she eats! After RIT she hopes to attend performing school in New York City where she plans to live for the rest of her life and fullfill her dreams.