This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the Director of Talent for RIT SportsZone, Emily Clark!

What is your year and major?

I am a third year journalism student.

Where are you from?

I’m from Henrietta, NY (my house is about ten minutes from campus).

Why did you choose RIT?

My mother works at RIT, in ETC, so I never really had a choice. My parents basically always told me I would be going to RIT and at first I REALLY didn’t want to. I wanted to go to Boston University and I was determined to transfer. My parents told me to give it one quarter and then if I was unsatisfied, I could transfer. After three weeks, I fell in love with RIT and the campus.

What has been your favorite class so far?

Political Reporting! I took it this past fall and had the opportunity to guest blog for the Democrat and Chronicle, as well as super closely follow the election.  Plus Andrea Hickerson, who taught the class, is awesome.

What is your favorite thing about RIT?

I love how mature everyone is and how home-y the campus feels. I love the kids in my major, who always show up in my classes and the amazing friends I’ve made.

What is your favorite place to eat at on campus?

I usually don’t eat on campus, but if I do, I’ll go to the SAU salad bar or Javas for health cookies!

What made you want to get involved with SportsZone?

After declaring a journalism major in the spring of my first year, I became determined to get my hands on any opportunities RIT offered. This basically boiled down to SportsZone and The Reporter. While I love to write and would still like to get my hands on a job at The Reporter, I had zero experience when it came to broadcast. I wanted to learn. So, I decided to audition.

How did you become Director of Talent? 

I spent a year and a half as a reporter for SportsZone, tackling stories on the hockey team and different athletic events. When our Director of Talent at the time was promoted to Executive Producer, following the graduation of the current one at the time, the Director of Talent position opened. I had a couple of different talks with our Executive Produce, Kristin Klock, as did a few other reporters. I was given the promotion in the end!

What is your favorite thing about working at SportsZone?  

I honestly knew very little about sports when I began working at SportsZone. I’ve learned SO much. It’s ridiculous. I’ve grown to love watching different sporting games to figure out what the central story is that needs to be told and what questions will best facilitate that story. I also met my boyfriend by interviewing him after a lacrosse game, so that’s always a fun fact to think about. I also love bringing new people in to be reporters and watching them grow as I hope I have.

What is your favorite food?

Big salads!

What is your favorite movie?

UP! 

What is your favorite color?

Blue

What is your dream job?

To be a writer for the NYTimes OR a host on the Today Show.

What is something few people know about you?

I have an obsession with blue nail polish. It’s rare that you’ll catch me without it on!

Campus Coordinator for Rochester Institute of Technology