Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

RIT Celebrities

Alexander Van Hook

By Celine Anderson
January 12, 2013 - 10:29pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is COLA senator, Alexander Van Hook.   What is your Year and Major? I am a second year in Liberal Arts Exploration (thinking of applying for Political Science.) Where are you from? Upper Black Eddy, PA Why did you choose to come to RIT? For several reasons. RIT has a very good academic reputation and very diverse. There is a Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and hearing community which is good for me. Also it is very welcoming and spirited here. They also provide excellent disability services. And the education level is challenging enough for me. Plus I already know some people here and some who are coming here. READ MORE

Emily Clark

By Celine Anderson
November 28, 2012 - 5:37pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the Director of Talent for RIT SportsZone, Emily Clark!   What is your year and major? I am a third year journalism student.   Where are you from? I’m from Henrietta, NY (my house is about ten minutes from campus).   Why did you choose RIT? READ MORE

Lauren McShane

By Jenna Deutsch
November 4, 2012 - 6:52pm

Keep an eye out for this celeb, you’ll be seeing here on your TVs soon as a new member of the RIT Sports Zone team.     What is your year and major? I am a second year Professional and Technical Communications major.   Where are you from? Baldwin, Long Island   Why did you choose RIT? READ MORE

Wilson Darko

By Celine Anderson
October 26, 2012 - 12:55am

Being an active member of three campus organizations, the President of a special interest house and one of last month’s Campus Cuties, makes Wilson Darko the number candidate for this week’s Campus Celebrity. What is your year and major?
I am a second Year Electrical Engineering major. Where are you from?
I am from the Bronx, NY. But my family is from Ghana. Why did you choose RIT?
I chose RIT because it was a new experience in many aspects. I t was going to give me a chance to grow in a new environment that I haven’t exp before. READ MORE

Shamoy David

By Celine Anderson
October 22, 2012 - 12:00pm

This weeks Campus Celebrity is the President of the Off Campus and Apartment Student Association, Shamoy Daivd. What is your Year and Major?
I am a second year Applied Networking and Administration major. Where are you from?
I was born in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. But, I grew up in Atlanta, GA. Why did you choose RIT?
I chose to come to RIT specifically for my major; it’s the only school that offers it. What has been your favorite class so far?
Cyber Self Defense…I got to learn about hacking and viruses. READ MORE

Tianna Manon

By Celine Anderson
October 14, 2012 - 12:01pm

With a Co-op at the Democrat and Chronicle and involvement with MCAS, Global Union and
other on campus organizations, Tianna Manon has all the makings of a Campus Celebrity. What is your year and major?
I am a second-year and dual-major in Journalism and Political Science READ MORE

Harshita Sood

By Celine Anderson
September 30, 2012 - 2:33pm

Being a residential advisor, a peer advisor and member of the College of Science Scholars program, an acting member and, as of April, the new President of Global Union, Harshita Sood has big plans for the organization and even bigger plans for herself. No wonder she is this week’s campus celebrity. Where are you from?
Kolkata, India What is your year and major?
I am 4th year Environmental Science major. Why did you choose RIT?
Well, because of their BS program, it’s a really good place to study environmental studies. And I have always wanted to work with Tigers and RITs mascot is a Royal Bengal Tiger. Not just any Tiger- a Royal Bengal Tiger- they are found in my home state! READ MORE

Nick Goddard

By Jenna Deutsch
September 19, 2012 - 4:10pm

Upon learning that Nick Goddard, a brother of Phi Kappa Psi and a DJ on campus, would be donating his paycheck from this Friday's DJing gig to Mud Tug and Hillside Family of Agencies, there was no question that he would be this week's Campus Celeb (and he could probably double for this week's Campus Cutie!). Name: Nick Goddard
Major: Industrial and Systems Engineering
Year: 3rd
Hometown: Lancaster, NY READ MORE

Emma Siegel

By Jenna Deutsch
September 16, 2012 - 11:47pm

This week's Campus Celeb is Emma Siegel, co-char of Mud Tug XVII. Read below to find out what else she likes to do besides getting dirty! Year: Second
Major: Advertising Photography
Hometown: Vestal, NY
Favorite Song: Wagon Wheel
Favorite Movie: Grandma's Boy
Involvement on Campus: Mud Tug Co-Chair of ZTA, Photo House alum, Student Ambassador
Biggest Fear: Rain on Mud Tug
Dream Job: Working at Vogue or Food & Wine READ MORE

Tyler Somers

By Erin Supinka
May 13, 2012 - 8:15pm

Last weekend was Imagine RIT. The designer behind the official poster of the festival was second year Graphic Design student, Tyler Somers. His design was reproduced hundreds of times and thousands of attendees to Imagine were able to take home a copy of the poster with his design. Check out as Tyler tells us a little bit behind his design for the Imagine poster in this week’s Campus Celebrity! READ MORE