Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

RIT Blog

Do's and Don'ts of Formal Recruitment

By Kate Sullivan
September 9, 2014 - 8:01am

Panhellenic Recruitment kicks off on September 11th, and HC RIT has all the Do's and Don'ts every PNM should know!   Do: Be outgoing and friendly, you will be more memorable later and sisters will want to talk to you!   Don’t: Ask about partying and boys, as sisters can’t answer those types questions!   Do: Tell us about activities you were involved in during high school or college. Sisters want to know and it shows that you’ll be a productive member of the sorority!   Don’t: Come in thinking you only want one house. Opinions can change and you might learn some really surprising things throughout the weekend!   READ MORE

Restaurants and Bar Life in Rochester

By Ashley Doarn
January 13, 2013 - 6:07pm

Looking for somewhere to go for dinner or a few drinks on a random weeknight or a weekend. Don’t really know where to go in Rochester and need a few suggestions on great places?   I have been living in Rochester for 10+ years now and can definitely help you with some of the top places to go. This list will give you date place ideas and or a great local bar for you and your friends to go for a drink.   There are tons of great restaurants and bars out in downtown Rochester, but here are a few that I know are popular to Rochester natives and newcomers as well.   1. The Old Toad READ MORE

10 Tips for Finals Week

By Jenna Deutsch
November 4, 2012 - 6:56pm

By Ashley Doarn   READ MORE

Writer's Block Sucks

By Nicole Howley
October 21, 2012 - 5:28pm

Whether you write a blog or just essays, writer’s block is something everyone has faced at some point or other (except maybe babies but they don’t count). Anyway, it sucks. READ MORE

Haunted Trail…Dare to be scared

By Ashley Doarn
October 20, 2012 - 3:46pm

This past weekend Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority and Sigma Chi Fraternity hosted the 3rd annual Haunted Trail. RIT Improv and Comedy Troupe was also featured. These 4 groups created an event for students, faculty and the Rochester Community to face their fears as a guide lead them on a haunted journey through the trails behind Gracie’s (Grace Watson Hall). READ MORE

Roommate Conflicts

By Tianna Manon
October 16, 2012 - 12:41am

Everyone has read the stories about roommates from hell. Everyone also tends to think they won’t get that roommate. There is a reason there are so many stories about awful roommates: everyone gets one at least once during their college career. And you may think your home free. It’s been seven weeks and you two still chat every night before going to bed. Maybe you’ve even progressed to the point of being friends. Well, don’t let your guard down yet. This is when it goes downhill. READ MORE

Fall Brings it All

By Ashley Doarn
October 7, 2012 - 3:45pm

It’s that fall time of year again. The leaves are falling, the air is crisp and everyone
around campus has brought out their light jackets and boots. It honestly is my
favorite season, not just because my birthday is in this month, but I love the way
it feels outside. Definitely not freezing cold, but not blistering hot it’s just an about
right temperature. READ MORE

Cupcakes, Frosting and More

By Ashley Doarn
September 30, 2012 - 2:21pm

READ MORE

Autumn: College Style!

By Tianna Manon
September 20, 2012 - 10:40pm

As much as I love 90 degree weather and having an excuse for showing off the legs I worked all winter for, there is nothing better than the cute boots, blazers, and sweaters that come with fall. READ MORE

RIT, Where is the Soul?

By Tianna Manon
September 16, 2012 - 4:17pm

In high school, I did a year of slam poetry and, although it’s been more than a year later, that brooding, black-beret-and-mock-turtleneck-wearing poet still resides in me. So, I was more than excited to attend RIT’s slam poetry contest, sponsored by CAB and Signatures magazine. READ MORE