Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

RIT Archives

Campus Cutie - Patrick Furrey

By Kay Pozniakas
September 9, 2014 - 8:14am

Name: Patrick Furrey   Hometown: Sparta, NJ   Major: Physics and Philosophy Double Major   Interests: Swimming, soccer, Brazilian jiu-jitsu   Dream Girl: Can talk about anything, smart and confident READ MORE

Do's and Don'ts of Formal Recruitment

By Kate Sullivan
September 9, 2014 - 8:01am

Panhellenic Recruitment kicks off on September 11th, and HC RIT has all the Do's and Don'ts every PNM should know!   Do: Be outgoing and friendly, you will be more memorable later and sisters will want to talk to you!   Don’t: Ask about partying and boys, as sisters can’t answer those types questions!   Do: Tell us about activities you were involved in during high school or college. Sisters want to know and it shows that you’ll be a productive member of the sorority!   Don’t: Come in thinking you only want one house. Opinions can change and you might learn some really surprising things throughout the weekend!   READ MORE

Panhellenic Recruitment at RIT

By Kate Sullivan
September 9, 2014 - 7:53am

Every sorority girl’s favorite time of the semester is here: recruitment time. Formal recruitment is such a wonderful event, especially for incoming freshman because it allows girls to see every house and every sorority available. Formal recruitment kicks off on September 11th here on campus!   This semester’s theme is Candy Land and each house is a different square on the board. Get excited to see some awesome decorations and recruitment shirts!   READ MORE

The Pros and Cons of the Plus/Minus System

By Emily Kessler
September 9, 2014 - 7:40am

The Pros and Cons of the Plus/Minus System READ MORE

HC RIT re-launches on September 9!

By RIT Contributor
May 7, 2014 - 3:42pm

READ MORE

Joe Porpeglia

By Olivia Angerosa
January 13, 2013 - 7:03pm

Name: Joe Porpeglia Hometown: Castleton, New York Major: Information Technology Interests: Music, sports, designing websites, weekends, and visiting friends Favorite part of RIT: The jobs and the people Interesting Fact: Graduated at the top of my high school class Dream Girl: Shares most of my interests, loud and wild (but not too much), and a big smile. READ MORE

Property of JACK

By Olivia Angerosa
January 13, 2013 - 6:40pm

A new online publication is hitting the Rochester area! It’s called Property of JACK, and it was created by a RIT Department of Communication class under the lead of the great social media strategist Professor Mike Johansson. The publication aims to entertain the Rochester audience with different topics for each day of the week including: Money Monday: Giving tips on ways to save money, what tools to use and more! Techie Tuesday: Letting you know about to Tech events in the area and new gadgets to check out! Wearable Wednesday: Giving you fashion tips, looks to try, and looks to look out for! Things to Do Thursday: Telling you which events to attend, things to do, and places to go! READ MORE

Where is your favorite place to get coffee on campus?

By

Restaurants and Bar Life in Rochester

By Ashley Doarn
January 13, 2013 - 6:07pm

Looking for somewhere to go for dinner or a few drinks on a random weeknight or a weekend. Don’t really know where to go in Rochester and need a few suggestions on great places?   I have been living in Rochester for 10+ years now and can definitely help you with some of the top places to go. This list will give you date place ideas and or a great local bar for you and your friends to go for a drink.   There are tons of great restaurants and bars out in downtown Rochester, but here are a few that I know are popular to Rochester natives and newcomers as well.   1. The Old Toad READ MORE

Alexander Van Hook

By Celine Anderson
January 12, 2013 - 10:29pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is COLA senator, Alexander Van Hook.   What is your Year and Major? I am a second year in Liberal Arts Exploration (thinking of applying for Political Science.) Where are you from? Upper Black Eddy, PA Why did you choose to come to RIT? For several reasons. RIT has a very good academic reputation and very diverse. There is a Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and hearing community which is good for me. Also it is very welcoming and spirited here. They also provide excellent disability services. And the education level is challenging enough for me. Plus I already know some people here and some who are coming here. READ MORE