Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

RIT Archives

Joe Porpeglia

By Olivia Angerosa
January 13, 2013 - 7:03pm

Name: Joe Porpeglia Hometown: Castleton, New York Major: Information Technology Interests: Music, sports, designing websites, weekends, and visiting friends Favorite part of RIT: The jobs and the people Interesting Fact: Graduated at the top of my high school class Dream Girl: Shares most of my interests, loud and wild (but not too much), and a big smile. READ MORE

Property of JACK

By Olivia Angerosa
January 13, 2013 - 6:40pm

A new online publication is hitting the Rochester area! It’s called Property of JACK, and it was created by a RIT Department of Communication class under the lead of the great social media strategist Professor Mike Johansson. The publication aims to entertain the Rochester audience with different topics for each day of the week including: Money Monday: Giving tips on ways to save money, what tools to use and more! Techie Tuesday: Letting you know about to Tech events in the area and new gadgets to check out! Wearable Wednesday: Giving you fashion tips, looks to try, and looks to look out for! Things to Do Thursday: Telling you which events to attend, things to do, and places to go! READ MORE

Where is your favorite place to get coffee on campus?

By

Restaurants and Bar Life in Rochester

By Ashley Doarn
January 13, 2013 - 6:07pm

Looking for somewhere to go for dinner or a few drinks on a random weeknight or a weekend. Don’t really know where to go in Rochester and need a few suggestions on great places?   I have been living in Rochester for 10+ years now and can definitely help you with some of the top places to go. This list will give you date place ideas and or a great local bar for you and your friends to go for a drink.   There are tons of great restaurants and bars out in downtown Rochester, but here are a few that I know are popular to Rochester natives and newcomers as well.   1. The Old Toad READ MORE

Alexander Van Hook

By Celine Anderson
January 12, 2013 - 10:29pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is COLA senator, Alexander Van Hook.   What is your Year and Major? I am a second year in Liberal Arts Exploration (thinking of applying for Political Science.) Where are you from? Upper Black Eddy, PA Why did you choose to come to RIT? For several reasons. RIT has a very good academic reputation and very diverse. There is a Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and hearing community which is good for me. Also it is very welcoming and spirited here. They also provide excellent disability services. And the education level is challenging enough for me. Plus I already know some people here and some who are coming here. READ MORE

Bowl-4-Breath

By Ashley Doarn
December 11, 2012 - 1:23pm

READ MORE

Would you rather snow or rain in Rochester?

By

Women's Career Leadership Resilience Program & Lunch

By Jenna Deutsch
December 10, 2012 - 1:13pm

READ MORE

Getting Ahead in Week 3

By Tianna Manon
December 8, 2012 - 10:18pm

In a ten week quarter, midterms and finals come ridiculously fast. All up and down my Facebook timeline, I see my friends complain about all-nighters, days spent in the library, and being held prisoner to their textbooks, essays, and projects. But what if this zombification of RIT students wasn’t necessary? What if we didn’t need to hibernate for 2-3 weeks out of the quarters? Simply put, what if we used the other 7-8 weeks to get ahead and be ready for midterms and finals. “I’m like the queen of stress,” said Emily Rinehart, a 3rd-year Graphic Design major. She said she didn’t really get a lot of midterms or finals, but a lot of final projects.  READ MORE

RIT Wrestling vs. SUNY Cortland

By Jenna Deutsch
December 2, 2012 - 6:54pm

More information on RITAthletics.com READ MORE