Linked Up: 3.25.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.

Need a sum up of the juiciest news? Get it here! At the crown of every week we got you covered with the latest news stories floating around the web that you should know about.

What do you make of a mother putting a seven-year-old on a diet, including depriving her of dinner, to prepare for a Vogue photoshoot?  [Yahoo News]. Are moms these days leading their daughters to eating disorders?

Belvedere Vodka is apologizing for making light of sexual assault in one of their recent ads. [Yahoo News]. Do they have your forgiveness?

A male student gets gunned down at Mississippi State University. Here’s the latest on the story. [CNN].

The Hunger Games did more than gross over $140 million this past weekend. The blockbuster is now even more famous for it’s political debate spark. [Opposing Views].

Gas in the U.S. reaches the $3.93 a gallon mark. [Reuters] Mm hm, what is the world coming to?

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.