Instant Trendsetter: Ciana Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
Ciana Woods, an instant trendsetter at Rider University, wows us with her unique style and continues to set trends almost each and every time she is seen on campus. From creative eye shadow to interesting show selections, Ciana tells it all to Her Campus™.

Q:How into makeup are you?
A: Yes, I love to wear eye make-up! I don’t wear it because I think I need to cover myself, I wear it because I like to put emphasis on my eyes, also because it’s another way to express my creativity; it’s like art to me.

Q:What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?
A: I think that the best beauty advice that I have ever received is to always take care of your skin. The clearer and smoother it is, the more youthful you look.

Q: What is inside your handbag says a lot about you. What do you always carry in your purse?
A: I mainly carry things I feel I may need during the day. I carry my keys, umbrella, Vaseline, water, pens/pencils, nail file, planner, phone/charger, a mirror, and sunglasses. It’s always good to be prepared for whatever.

Q:Where is your favorite place(s) to shop for clothes and accessories?
A: I absolutely LOVE shopping at Forever 21, I would buy out the whole store if I could, but I really like to go thrifting (shopping at thrift stores). I always find cool and unique stuff at places like the Goodwill…there’s a 95% chance that what you buy there no one else has!

Q:What inspires you to select the outfits you wear?
A: Really, what I see around me really gives me inspiration on how to build my outfits. Sometimes I see something in a magazine or on TV, even just walking around campus, and if I like it, I will find a way to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Whether it is how someone wore their socks or how they matched the patterns they wore; but overall, it all depends on how I feel [laughs]. 

Q:What are some of your wardrobe staples?
A:I believe that everyone should have at least a cardigan, a v-neck, a pair of skinny jeans, black or brown boots, earrings,  a couple of cute blouses and spring tees, black or brown heels, and a skirt or two…and you will be set. There are a lot of combinations you could do with just those few things.

Q:Clothing and style are significant reflections of a person’s personality. In general, what does your style or clothing say about you?      
A: I believe my style shows how creative and unique I am. I say this becaue a lot of people come up and tell me how I’m one out of a few people who could actually pull off what I’m wearing [laughs]. It feels good to hear that, but what I’m really interested in is what YOU think my style says about me.

Q: Do you have a style icon?
 A: I don’t believe I have a style icon. Sure, I like a lot of styles that people wear, but I wouldn’t necessarily want to steal their complete style; but what I do is take little bits out of someone’s style. If I like it, I’ll take it and put my own spin on it…and they would never know. 

Q: You seem extremely confident and self-assured. Are we right about you?
A: I get my confidence from knowing my abilities and being able to execute them well and I’m very self-assured because I know that God made me who I am, and that alone is perfect because I’m fearless and wonderfully made. I’m not going to lie though, I do kind of lose confidence when I’m in a group with those who are skilled at whatever we’re all doing…I don’t like looking dumb and inadequate [laughs].

The girl has swag, right? Check out this trailblazing force on Facebook!

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.