Eileen Creaser on the Past, the Future and A Cappella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

For our seniors here at the University of Richmond, things are starting to come to an end. With only about a month left before graduation, I talked with senior Eileen Creaser about her time here at Richmond, her plans for the future and what she still has yet to do before she graduates. 

Eileen is a business major concentrating in marketing, with a history minor. Throughout her four years here at Richmond, she has been an active member of Pi Beta Phi, where she served as the vice president of membership for 2016, and ran recruitment. She is also a student ambassador with the Spider Key Society, also known as a tour guide, and a member of the co-ed a cappella group, Off the Cuff, which is where I first met her. As a senior, Eileen has served as the president of Off the Cuff for the 2016-2017 school year.

With graduation so soon, I asked Eileen what her favorite memory of her time at Richmond has been, and she told me easily that her favorite memory was when she went to Ring Dance her freshman year. She went for her best friend’s older sister and told me that, “it really got my excited for my own Ring Dance and got me excited for when I was older.” Not surprising, considering what a special and beloved night Richmond students know Ring Dance to be.

We next turn from the past to the future as I ask Eileen what her plans are following her graduation in May, and come to find out that she is lucky enough to already have a job after she leaves school. “I’m going to be working in advertising and sponsorships at M&T Bank with the Baltimore Ravens” she tells me. “I accepted a few weeks ago and I’m really excited! My life is going to revolve around football.” 

Although she has a lot to look forward to upon graduating, Eileen still has a few things to attend to here. One example: her final a cappella performance. “It’s me, Mia, and Ryan’s last concert with Off the Cuff, and it’s meant so much to us to have been a part of this for so long” she reflects, “We can’t believe its almost done.” The concert will take place on Thursday March 30th at 7pm in the chapel; Tickets are $3 in advance and $5 at the door. Eileen tells me : “Our whole group has been working so hard this year; we’re bringing back some old favorites and starting fresh with some new songs that we’re really excited to premier.” 

I know that I, along with all of Off the Cuff members, will greatly miss our three seniors. In honor of them, please make sure to come out and support Eileen, Mia and Ryan in their senior farewell celebration!

Sophomore at the University of Richmond just trying to make it count.