7 Places to Study During Finals that Aren’t the Lib

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

We’ve all been there.  You’re feeling swamped with papers, projects and tests as the dreaded Finals Week approches, and you feel as though you’ll never leave the library.  Here are some alternateive study spaces for when you’re really feeling like you need to escape the lib and study elsewhere:

1. A Deanery

Have your pick: the Westhampton Deanery and Whitehurst both serve as super quiet and comfortable spaces that are very conducive to studying.

2. Back of the third room in Dhall…

…Especially during non-peak eating times.  You’re out of the way enough so that you don’t get distracted by any passersby but you’re in close proximity to food if you decide you need some study snacks to get you through.

3. Gottwald

Gottwald has an abundance of classroom and study spaces to take advantage of…it’s not just for science majors!

4. The Music Library

This small and comfortable library located on the second floor area that connects Booker to Modlin has a variety of resources including computers, printers, tables and even individual or group study rooms.

5. Study Rooms in Your Dorm

Often under-utilized, the study rooms in various dorm buildings offer students a quiet and accessible outlet for studies.  Plus, you don’t even have to leave your building or change out of your pajamas!

6. Third Floor of the International Center

Equipped with plenty of couches and tables, printers and resources, and in close proximity to Passport, what else could you possibly need to get you through your study sessions?

7. Outside

Last but not least, if it’s a sunny and warm day—like it so often is—soak up some sunshine while soaking up your studying on Richmond’s beautiful campus.  Whether it be the Westhampton Green, the tables outside of commons, the International Center Commons, or the gazebo over the lake, there is no lack of picturesque locations to study without feeling trapped inside.