6 Things to Look Forward to on the 6 week Count Down Until Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

These last seven weeks of Spring semester can seem longer than all the weeks of Fall semester combined. Last week’s break was our first taste of freedom since Winter break, and everyone seems to be craving warm weather and no homework. However, the next 7 weeks are filled with group projects, deadlines for internship applications and the most dreaded of all, finals.

Here are 7 events on campus to look forward to during the next 7 weeks, one event for every long, drawn out, 49 days until we are free.

St. Patrick’s Day

Whether you’re Irish or not, you can pretend to be on St. Patty’s day! Some students on campus typically celebrate by going out all weekend, or you can just wear green and be grateful that D-Hall isn’t serving black pudding– a traditional dish made of pig’s blood, barley and seasoning.

Acapella Concerts

Next weekend, both the Sirens and Choeur du Roi, amazing acapella groups on campus, perform! With the Sirens’ performance on Thursday and Choeur du Roi’s on Saturday, you have the chance to see both groups and support on-campus groups by attending! Both will be doing covers of current songs, and it is sure to be a great time!

Pig Roast

Whether you like dartying or not, you can’t possibly hate the energetic vibes on campus during the weekend of Pig Roast. Alumns and students will walk around campus all day on the way to and from the lodges, and everyone comes out for this much-loved school tradition.

Better Weather

As March ends and April begins, spring will be in full swing here on campus. Between flowers blossoming and shorts and sandals finally becoming acceptable to wear again, the change in weather will be sure to help the weeks go by faster.

MIDNIGHT MUNCHIES

D-Hall will be serving its famous Midnight Munchies on April 23 from 10 p.m. until midnight! It always feels like a party and the snacks are just the thing to help you push through for one more week!

Last Day of Classes!!!

While some students (seniors) may be nostalgic and sad, many will be exploding with happiness and know they don’t have to sit in a classroom again until August! Although campus is always missed over the four months, summer is the best time to relax and recuperate from a stressful semester!

(gif)