5 Things to Focus on at the Beginning of the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

1. Get organized.

When you get home from the semester, it’s easy to just throw all of your dirty clothes and schoolwork and other clutter into a room and forget about it.  Resist the urge to put off dealing with the tedious, yet necessary, chores.  You’ll thank yourself when your summer starts really picking up and you don’t want to be spending it inside cleaning.

2. Make a plan.

Figure out what you want to get done over the summer.  Make a list of fun things as well as productive tasks that will make your summer the best one yet.

3. Reconnect with friends.

While it’s hard to say goodbye to your college friends for the summer months, the summer is a good opportunity to reach out to and catch up with friends you haven’t seen or spoken to in a while.

4. Spend time with family.

Don’t forget about your family!  They’ve missed you all year while you’ve been away at school and are probably excited to spend some quality time with you.  Don’t get too caught up in all of the other beginning-of-summer tasks and excitement that you forget to cherish your time with your family.

5. Focus on commiting to healthy habits.

It’s easy to neglect your healthy habits–such as eating well, excersiing regularly, and sleeping enough–while you’re at school, ESPECIALLY during the final weeks.  Use the summer to get back on track with all things health related; it’ll make your summer that much more enjoyable!