5 Productive things to do to Procrastinate Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the stressful countdown until you sit in your last class filling out a multiple choice test or writing an essay so long that your hand hurts. Although it can all seem a little overwhelming, it is important to also take some time away from the library and give yourself a break. Here are 5 ways to help get your mind off things…or procrastinate…

Spend more time in D-Hall

With endless food and so many people, you are bound to find friends to distract you ! Close your computer for a few hours and just eat your feelings instead of worrying about your math final!

Go shopping

Explore Richmond’s many shopping opportunities from Carytown to Shortpump to downtown (check out Rumor’s thrift shop while you are down there). There is nothing better than retail therapy, and using the excuse to explore the city before you go home instead of studying is pretty valid.

Make summer plans

Text your friends and family and put some dates and activities on your calendar! Not only will it distract you from your assignments, but it will help get you pumped for summer!

Go to the gym

Besides being a great stress reliever, the gym is a great way to spend time in between completing final papers, and you’re one step closer to getting that beach bod.

Watch Netflix

Instead of stressing about how you are going to fit everything into the last week of school, catch up on your favorite show or try out some new ones that you can get into more in just 3 weeks when it’s officially SUMMER.