5 Different Kinds of Chokers That Are Here to Stay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

The recent revival of 90s trends such as denim miniskirts, bomber jackets and platform shoes has the fashion world in a spiral, and the everyday person questioning as to whether or not they should invest in these items that could be ‘in’ one day and ‘out’ the next. The one accessory that is not only usually inexpensive, but easily accessible and the one 90s trend that fashion analysts say isn’t going anywhere soon is the choker. Known for its sexy vibes and ability to elongate the neck while giving off a cool girl vibe, chokers have made a huge comeback in the past year and is here to stay. Here are 5 different must-have chokers for under $20 that will add to any outfit and are a great asset in any wardrobe.

This simple yet cute bow choker is something you can find at any store right now, this one just happens to only be $12 from Tobi. This piece is somewhat of a more modern style, but the bow adds some grisliness to an otherwise edgy accessory.

This choker is a true classic. I remember playing with these as toys when I was younger, and a lot of other girls wrapped them twice around their wrists as bracelets. Becoming popular in the 90s, this inexpensive yet timeless necklace can elevate the look of any outfit, casual or dressy.

This Topshop necklace from Nordstrom is only $18 is a little on the pricier side of the choker category, but to get one with your birth stone in it is super dope. Different from the other typical chokers that are popular right now, every necklace is personalized to the birthday month of the person wearing it, making these necklaces relatable for any closet.

This layered necklaces adds dimension to an otherwise flat accessory. The stars are reminiscent of 90s club vibes and add some variance to the necklace. At only $7.90, this is a steal.  I always love looking at Forever 21 for cheap adds to my wardrobe, but this choker is one of the hippest ones yet! 

These pearl chokers were all the rage this summer, and I know a lot of my friends found out how to hand make them. If you aren’t so crafty, Amazon has these for only $8 AND they ship on Prime!! I’m calling that they will be even more popular this summer so get on these before they sell out!!