What Not to Forget: Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Here at Rhodes, its no secret that professors load us with papers, midterms and presentations in the weeks leading up to Spring Break. Instead of daydreaming about the awesome tan we are about to get, we are hyped up on coffee and junk food while destroying the Spring Break bodies that we have worked all winter to achieve. This usually leads to a Friday afternoon 10 minute packing session where you stuff your Vera Bradley duffel with whatever you can reach for in your closet.  So when this time comes, take a few extra minutes and remember to pack some of the things you read on this Her-Campus article as you were procrastinating from your midterms. (PS: I am also procrastinating from my midterms by writing this article)

Things to Pack

1. Sweater: Yes you might be heading off to the beach, but keep in mind it is the beginning of March and the sun doesn’t always come out just because it’s Spring Break.

2. Headphones: There is nothing worse than a 10 hour car ride with nothing to do, which makes headphones essential for all Spring Break road trips.

3. Waterproof Mascara: Walgreens, $6.99… do it

4. Disposable Camera: Nothing is more frustrating than getting sand stuck in your phone case so pack an alternative instead. Disposables are also great for those candid shots in the ocean with your friends!

5. Corkscrew: There nothing worse than trying to open your favorite bottle of wine with your besties and then realizing that you need to jet off to the nearest convenient store #partyfoul (side note: the knife trick does not work well with Barefoot wine bottles so keep than in mind)

6. Reusable Water Bottle: stay hydrated ladies.

7. Beach Towel: Yes it takes up a lot of space, but when you’re freezing because you decided to hop in the ocean and have nothing to dry yourself with but a tiny hotel towel, you will thank me.

8. Hair Dryer: Most hotels and condos in Destin don’t come with your own hair dryer so it’s always safe to pack an extra. You can also coordinate with your friends on who brings a straighter, curler, etc so you can save room on packing.

9. Baseball hat: Not only will it protect you from the sun, but you won’t have to worry about it flying off as much as you would with a floppy hat.

10. Advil: Just because its Spring Break doesn’t mean that hangovers magically disappear. 

Happy Spring Break!!! 

My name is Arianna and Im a sophomore at Rhodes College!
Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo