1382539519750
1382539519750
Food Network Kitchen

The Weirdest Questions You Get When You’ve Been a Carnivore for as Long as I Have: A Rebuttal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Rebuttal to “The Most Bizarre Questions You Get When You’ve Been a Vegetarian for as Long as I Have.” Link: http://www.hercampus.com/school/rhodes/most-bizarre-questions-you-get-wh…

Disclaimer: for those of you who have asked me these questions, don’t feel bad. This piece is meant to be constructive so we can all be more sensitive, self-aware, and politically correct in the future.

1. But what about the broccoli??? – Honestly this one gets me every time. I’m not sure why you would presume that me, a full-fledged, born and raised carnivore would eat something as heinous and tree-like as broccoli. As far as I’m concerned, broccoli is 100% vegetable, so no, I do not eat it.

2. How do you get potassium and dietary fiber? – Believe it or not, potassium and fiber can be found in a lot of different foods, not just vegetables. Bananas = potassium central. Fiber One Bars = fiber for days. It’s unreal. But please, continue asking me personal questions about my health.

3. Don’t you miss veggies? – I don’t even remember what vegetables taste like, nor do I want to know. And I have very little self-discipline – if I actually missed vegetables, you’d find me pillaging a Green Giant factory.

4. Can’t you just eat some vegetables and make your mother happy? – Nope. Don’t drag my mom into this. Not how this works.

5. And finally, one of my personal favorites, usually expressed by local farmers around the time of the harvest moon, “can’t you just buy a single carrot so I can pay my mortgage?” – Nope, after being a carnivore my entire life, I’ve decided to flippantly buy and possess an orange root. Like why would I do that? Bye