Runway to Rhodes: Top 10 Fall Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.
  1. Gilded Gold

Why We Love it: Golden embroidery is an accessory all of its own. The detail will dress up any outfit to look chic, stylish, and classy. The gold touches will look spectacular with so little work.

How To Wear it: Because the gold is such a fun and stylish part of the outfit, you don’t want to detract from it. Instead, pair the shirt or jacket with a same-tone pair of black jeans.

1. Winter White

Why We Love It: Who said white could only be worn before Labor Day? Embrace it. White reflects the crispness of winter. The white makes a statement with a touch of regal. 

How To Wear it:  Keeping with the theme of crispness, make the outfits sharp and pure white. Whether a suit or a dress, pair it with silver or gold toned winter shoes.

1. Military jackets

Why We Love It: Every year we see a masculine touch in our feminine clothing. This year, it is in the military jacket. The jacket shows us strength while still showing our feminine side. The juxtaposition makes a lovely piece of clothing.

How To Wear it: Wear your hair with a soft curl or up in a ballerina bun. Pair it with a pair of skinny jeans and some heels. This will add just the girly touch needed.

1. Leather

Why We Love It: Oh, we love leather. Leather made it on our list last year and it’s back again. This year, leather has become much sassier. If you’re not bold enough to wear a leather jacket yet, try jackets with a leather accent. If you accept the challenge, then grab a leather dress or even a leather top!

How To Wear it: Because leather is on the dangerous side of fashion, play it safe and be conservative with your choice of makeup and shoes. Keep accessories simple because leather doesn’t need much help to be remarkable.

1. Patterns

Why We Love It: As if we needed another way to demonstrate how we are feeling that day, we now have patterns. Patterns on the pants are the new colored jeans. Patterns can be fun and bright or if you choose a darker color, they can be quite edgy. Either way, fashion loves different forms of expression.

How To Wear It: Since the pants are so bold, pair it with a solid color top. If you want to wear a color shirt, pull a color from the paints and match it with our shorts. Pair it with some flats to show off the fabulous print.

1. Burgundy

Why We Love It: The color of the fall is a dark burgundy. Some even refer to the color as blood. The color is so rich and sexy that it will make a statement no matter where or how you wear it.

How To wear it: This color could go with anything: jeans, black pants, dresses, and scarves. Because it’s a dark color, keep your makeup light so you don’t look too dark.

2. Baroque

Why We Love It: The baroque pattern is so different and a great way to stand out. Any girl wearing this pattern has confidence and is not afraid of fahsion. The intricate pattern shows an acute sense appreciation to detail. It’s edgy and bold and making a statement this season.

How to Wear It: The pattern speaks for itself. Pair it with some heels that match the color of the dress. Match your makeup to the tone of the dress, flirty or serious.

3. Cat

Why We Love It: We love these cat flats as much as the celebs love it. Cats are appearing in earrings, shirts, but most popularly with shoes. They are fun and stylish. How could a girl go wrong?

How to Wear It: Pair the flats with some skinny jeans to show them off. Other than that, there are no rules!

4. The Block Jacket

Why We Love It: The different block shape is a style completely new this year. It is different and a great way to be comfortable and fashionable at the same time.

How to wear it: Pair the top with some nice skinny trousers. Throw your hair in a bun and you will have an elegant wear-to-class outfit.

5. Fur

Why We Love It: Another trend that was on the rise last year that is back again is fur. Fur is much bolder this year. Vests are always a good idea, but also fur jackets. If you’re animal friendly, don’t fear! Imitation fur looks as fabulous as real!

How to wear it: Both fur vests and fur jackets look great with jeggings, knee boots and wavy hair. Fur vests can dress any outfit up and be the perfect finishing touch.

Pictures (in order of appearance)

1. www.saksfifthavenue.com

2. www.shopbop.com

3. www.saksfifthavenue.com

4. www.singer22.com

5. www.jcrew.com

6. www.shopbop.com

7. www.urbanoutfitters.com

8. www.charlotteolympia.com

9. www.saksfifthavenue.com

10. www.nordstroms.com