This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Many of you may remember that NEDA Week occurred just a few weeks ago—Maggie Bertram from Active Minds gave a lecture, encouraging notes covered mirrors across campus for Mirrorless Monday, etc. But the “week” is not over, and neither is the battle to prevent eating disorders and to constantly promote awareness and positive body image.

The Rhodes NEDA Walk will take place this Sunday, March 20, at 3 pm. Registration will begin at 2 pm in the McCallum Ballroom in the BCLC. This walk is nationally sponsored by NEDA and Aerie, locally sponsored by Fairhaven and McCallum Treatment Center, and is hosted by Rhodes’ chapter of Active Minds.

This event is definitely one you should consider attending. Whether you or someone you know has experienced an eating disorder or not, someone else out there is struggling and needs your support, even if it is as indirect as participating in this walk.

Remember to always love others, and to always love yourself.

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Gautama Buddha 

Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo