How to Find a Formal Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Yes, I sent Zac Efron a DM– keep reading.

With the formal season upon us, these tips may be helpful for when you need a date, but have no idea who to ask.

Finding a formal date can be incredibly awkward, especially if you are not a freshman or don’t already have a significant other who is willing to go with you to all of your date functions.

And while you love your BFF for going with you to almost all of your formals in the past, it’s time to find a real date. 

After carefully investigating the best ways to find a formal date, I have summed up my findings with 5 easy steps:

1)  First start by asking your friends for ideas.  This is obvious, but they will be ready to contact you the second they think of an available suitor. 

2) Get ahold of all of the fraternity/sorority composites at your school and circle all of the possible options (or at least all of the good-looking fellas or gals). You can’t go wrong with visuals.

3) Sending a DM is also a very casual and successful way to find a date.

4) If you are all about looking good in pictures, just ask the hottie you have been talking to on Tinder.

5) Or, you can always ask your friend to set you up on a blind date and just hope for the best.

Now, all you have to do is find the right way to ask! Good luck!