kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy & Easy Turkey Chili

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Ingredients:

-1 container of ground turkey

-1 28oz can of diced tomatoes

-1 small can of diced tomatoes

-1 large white onion, chopped

-1 green bell pepper, chopped

-1 can of kidney beans

-1 can of cannellini beans

-1 cup of chicken broth

-1 bag of shredded cheese (optional)

-Plain Greek yogurt (optional)

-Spices: salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder

Directions:

-Begin by browning your turkey in medium/high heat in a large pot with a little bit of olive oil, or butter; add in onions and bell peppers to brown as well.

-Next, allow this to cook until the turkey is browned and your onions and peppers have browned some as well too; then add your canned tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth.

-Add your spices— here, you can add as much or as little as you would like for the taste you prefer. For a large pot, begin with 1 tbsp. of paprika, and chili powder, ½ tbsp. of garlic powder, and salt and pepper for taste.

–Generally, as it is simmering, stir and taste and add more if necessary.

-After you have added spices, stir everything, and allow the pot to come to a slight boil; then, cover the pot and let it simmer on low for another half hour, to 45 minutes.

-Serve with shredded cheese, and add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and enjoy!!

Total time: Roughly an hour from start to finish.

Total cost: $20

Makes roughly 6-8 servings!

XOXO, VIRGINIA ARIAIL

Virginia Elizabeth AriailEnglish Major, History Minor @ Rhodes College co 2017Alpha Omicron Pi