Green is sexy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Green is my favorite color (alongside blue). One of my favorite drinks is green and happens to be my health savior. I prefer it hot but you can drink it hot or cold depending on your preferences. It’s good for me and I think it tastes delicious. I like to think of it as my health secret weapon.

Green tea is well-known to be one of the best drinks for your body/health other than water. Why? Because it is packed with antioxidants, it boosts your metabolism to help lose weight, it helps fight different diseases, and it’s actually good for your skin whether you drink it or use it directly on your body. I’ve been a huge fan of green tea for years but this year, I’ve set a goal to drink green tea as much as possible.

I try to drink one cup every day or a couple days per week. I’ve been drinking green tea and water constantly and avoiding sugary juices and soda. I can honestly say that I can see a difference from this change. My complexion is doing better, I feel healthier, happier and more energetic, my body is getting better and etc.

I love how green tea is pack full of antioxidants, which makes it one the healthiest drinks out there. Drinking more green tea is definitely something I encourage people to get in the habit of. But remember to pay attention to dental hygiene because unfortunately, tea does have the tendency to make your teeth yellow. I know some people may not like the taste of it at first but good for you so drink up! You can drink it hot or cold and if you have to have some sweetness, add some honey!

One of my favorite things to do is to substitute water with green tea in the “Green Machine Shake” recipe. You can find many different Green Machine Shake recipes online but I find that this one fares well for me. Normally, you add water but to change it up, substitute some green tea in. Play around the recipe and feel free to add in some of your favorite fruits as well!

Green Machine Shake

1 – 1 1/2 cup(s) of Spinach 1 container of plain or vanilla greek yogurt3-4 ice cubes1 frozen peach, nectarine, mango or banana (your choice)1 cup pineapple (I like to freeze them)1/4 cup of green tea (cooled or chilled)

Blend the ingredients together and enjoy!Hoorah for green tea!!

Priscilla is a senior at Rhodes College, a liberal arts college located in Memphis, TN. She intends on majoring in Commerce & Business and minoring in International Studies. She currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief & Her Campus Rhodes Campus Correspondent. In addition to working on the Her Campus Rhodes team, Priscilla is a sister of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, Rhodes College Diplomat, Rhodes Activities Board representative, and a Rhodes Peer Assistant. She loves flowers, hiking, cooking, music, hanging out with friends and exploring good Memphis eats!