Finals Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Hello everyone!  Rhodes has officially entered into the full frenzy that is finals week.  If you’re reading this, you’re either procrastinating studying for a final (you should get back on that, by the way), or you’re done with all your finals (CONGRATULATIONS! Go sleep after you finish reading this!).  Either way, today I’m going to be showing a few people who have put together outfits with the impending doom that is finals in mind.  There are some exceptions, but most of them have the goal of maximizing comfort wherever possible.  Let’s get started!

Outfit 1: Weather-Confused Biology Student

Liv Thomas (’18)

Liv has decided to wear a t-shirt over some Nike shorts, the usual uniform for girls who wish to be comfortable and athletically stylish.  However, it is approximately 40 degrees outside, so she throws on a pullover sweater to retain some semblance of warmth as she makes the long trek from her dorm to the library.  She finishes off her ensemble with some colorful tennis shoes to bring some sort of light to her life and the object that has caused her the most stress this semester, her Biology textbook.

Outfit 2: Music Minor in Voice Lessons

Alexandra Howard (’18)

Although she wants nothing more than to study for her Psychology final, Alexandra woke up at 9 am on Thursday morning to prepare for her voice jury.  Although there is no rule against showing up to a jury in sweatpants and yesterday’s makeup, Alexandra decided to attempt to look presentable, not only to impress the judges, but to give herself a little confidence boost after three hours of sleep the night before.  She decides to keep it simple by wearing her favorite dress, some tights, boots, and a brown suede jacket.

Outfit 3: The Girl Who Actually Looks Nice in the Library

Emily Watkins (’18)

Emily is the kind of person who always likes to look presentable, even if she is trying to look comfortable.  So she prevents herself from looking totally homeless by wearing leggings with her oversized t-shirt and jacket instead of sweatpants.  She topped her look off with some patterned socks and bean boots, which are both functional and adorable.  Although we all aspire to look as put-together as Emily, there can only be so much effort put in before one stops caring entirely.

These outfits cover the full spectrum of Rhodes students – those who dress presentably for studying, look way too dressed up for some reason, or look like total slobs.  Of course, no one really cares about fashion choices at a time like this, but this is one way of categorizing how people decide to dress during finals.

Remember to always be cute (after finals, of course)!

Hi! I'm Sarah Johnson, and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rhodes! I am a senior at Rhodes from Little Rock, AR. I am a Music major, I am a Research and Writing Fellow in the Curb Institute and I sing in the Women's Chorus. In my spare time I like to sleep, eat various snack foods, and watch beauty bloggers on YouTube. My main area of expertise is fashion. My personal style is definitely on the hip side of things, and my pattern of choice is stripes. Thirfting is my number one passion, and I hope to never pay full price for an item of clothing until I can actually afford it. I’ve recently noticed that I almost exclusively wear neutrals, which I am trying to remedy with the purchase of color, but it’s not working very well for me. I hope you all enjoy the articles I write and remember to always be cute!