5 Reasons You Know #Fall Is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

It’s No Longer 95 Degrees Outside When You Wake Up:

No more suffering through a sweaty walk from your car to class! You can actually feel a breeze when you leave your house in the morning… You carry a light sweater because you actually might need it outside instead of just in the iceboxes we call classrooms. You can also smell that crisp, fresh air! Yes, that’s the smell of fall.

Your Friends are about to Literally Die if You Don’t Figure Out Your Halloween Costumes ASAP:

“Disney Princesses? Sexy Vampires? Bob the Builder? But wait, Homecoming is the same weekend of Halloween (nice move Rhodes)… so do we want to dress cute instead?? Wait what, Halloween is in a month why have we not figured this out yet?” Yeah you better get it together because fall is calling!

You See a Pumpkin Patch Everywhere When You Drive Down Poplar:

You see the different sized orange pumpkins driving down Poplar Avenue; even the weird shaped ones with warts on them all lined up together under a massive sign that screams fall: PUMPKIN PATCH. Maybe they’ll have hot apple cider too? Careful, don’t look for too long or you’ll hit the ridiculously slow car in front of you.

Pumpkin Spice Everything:

Not trying to be basic, but will this trend seriously ever die? Get your pumpkin flavored whatever and enjoy it until Christmas because there’s nothing more like fall than pumpkin spice anything.

Fall Break Plans??

What are you planning on doing for those 4 lovely free days of fall? Road Trip? Visiting Family? Staying local? Well it’s 2 weeks away so start planning!

Get your boots out, scarves on, and everything you need for sweater weather because fall is coming, and it’s coming in hot— literally because it’s still 85 degrees outside.