4 Ways to Upgrade Your Finals Aesthetic

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

It is finals season again. We’re all tired, stressed, over-worked, and under-hydrated. But the Her Campus Holiday Survival Kit has just what you need to make your finals season more bearable, and we’ll be giving away all of these amazing products and more throughout all of finals week in the Middle Ground! Here’s a sneak peek of the goodies you’ll have to pick from!

1) Something to give the illusion of more sleep: Alba Botanica® Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes

Whether you got the full 8-10 hours of sleep necessary for the average college student, or you just rolled off a library couch after a thirty minute power nap, the Alba Botanica® Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes can help revive your tired, puffy eyes! It’s a cooling gel that immediately revives the eyes while cucumber, green tea and caffeine help stimulate, energize and reduce puffiness. Alba Botanica® prides itself on being hypo-allergenic, botanically-based, and 100% vegetarian, so you know for sure that this stuff is good for you!

img: albabotanica.com

2) Something to spruce up the usual library look: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

When finals season rolls around, I know I’ll be spending less time on my appearance than I will be studying, but I always like to at least wear some mascara to give the illusion of consciousness and alertness that I may or may not truly have. The Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ mascara is my new favorite mascara for this very look! It’s equally volumizing and lengthening, doesn’t clump, and conditions your lashes! It’s also made with naturally-derived, cruelty-free, vegan ingredients, and is formulated without parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, and gluten. Tarte adds skin-vigorating™ ingredients to all of their products, and the mascara has ingredients like rice bran, olive esters, and provitamin B5, that are natural AND effective at conditioning and nourishing lashes.

img: tartecosmetics.com

3) Something to moisturize dry winter skin and make you smell nice: Being x Sanctuary Spa Hand Cream

The drastically dropping temperatures of this week have made a moisturizing, nourishing hand cream essential to my finals routine. The Being x Sanctuary Spa hand creams are so incredibly lush with ingredients like honey, shea butter, and sweet almond oil, and they smell amazing! Being is such a badass brand that caters their products specifically to girls who want to change the world, and those girls get dry hands too! The two scents I tried are the Salted Caramel & Macademia and Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom. The first is very warm and sweet, and the second is fresh and fruity, which provide a good contrast of options for the constant mood shifts in taste that happen throughout finals.

img: boots.com/being-by-sanctuary-spa

4) Something to motivate you and silence the haters: #ActuallySheCan x Le Motto tank tops

I’m not a huge slogan tee wearer, but #ActuallySheCan x Le Motto have created very empowering and inspiring tank tops that I would actually wear. #ActuallySheCan is a female empowerment campaign created by Allergan, a leader in women’s healthcare, and the tank tops were created in a partnership with retailer Le Motto out of a cotton blend that is perfect for working out in or as a layering piece for a trip outside. I know what you’re thinking, “Why would I even consider wearing a tank top in any capacity when it is this cold outside?” I know. BUT, layering is a thing! Sometimes the academic buildings have the heat on full blast and you need to shed your 500 million layers! The sayings on the shirts are also very #trendy and #inspirational (Less Drama More Karma, Less Regret More Sweat, and Less Hesitation, More Meditation)

img: hercampus.com/school/hpu/christmas-shopping-list-simplified

We’ll be tabling Friday from 7:00 – midnight, Saturday 4:00 – 7:00 pm, and Monday 7:00 – midnight! We’ll be giving away things from the Holiday Survival Kit as well as the Back to School Survival Kit from earlier in the semester! We hope to see you there!

cover image: hercampus.com/school/alabama/find-out-how-you-can-win-holiday-survival-kit

Hi! I'm Sarah Johnson, and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rhodes! I am a senior at Rhodes from Little Rock, AR. I am a Music major, I am a Research and Writing Fellow in the Curb Institute and I sing in the Women's Chorus. In my spare time I like to sleep, eat various snack foods, and watch beauty bloggers on YouTube. My main area of expertise is fashion. My personal style is definitely on the hip side of things, and my pattern of choice is stripes. Thirfting is my number one passion, and I hope to never pay full price for an item of clothing until I can actually afford it. I’ve recently noticed that I almost exclusively wear neutrals, which I am trying to remedy with the purchase of color, but it’s not working very well for me. I hope you all enjoy the articles I write and remember to always be cute!