10 Christmas Songs For Every Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.
  1. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” – Mariah Carey

Are you at an SAE party in September? Ok good, hijack the aux cord from Joey Mayo and play this song (if it hasn’t been played already).

2. “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)” – the Ramones

Are you and your S.O. about the get into a heated debate over whether you should spike the egg nog or the wassail*? Play this song.

3.  “Jingle Bell Rock” – Bobby Helms (you know, the original, real version)

Are you at your grandmother’s house? Play this song.

4. “Drummer Boy” – Justin Bieber, Busta Rhymes

You tryna get lit on Christmas Eve and avoid talking to relatives you don’t know that well? Play this song.

5. “Sleigh Ride” – the Ronettes

Are you riding in the car? May as well be a sleigh. Play this song.

6. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” – Jess from New Girl. I mean, Zoey Deschanel

Did you just finish watching Elf? Do you wanna watch it again? Watch it again. Then play this song and drink some hot chocolate.

7. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” – Brenda Lee

Are you still at your grandmother’s house? Play this song.

8. “I’ll be Home for Christmas” – Bing Crosby

Wanna get sad? Play this song.

9. “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” – I personally enjoy the version that Leighton Meester sings. Aka, Blair Waldorf.

Is bae far away from you? Do you have a bae? Is bae Channing Tatum? Is bae your dog? That’s totally ok. Play this song.

10. “Last Christmas” – Cascada

Wanna listen to some Christmas music but also EDM? Best of both worlds. Play this song.

*Apparently a lot of people don’t know what wassail is. Wassail is mulled cider. Get cultured.

PC: https://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-dancing-santa-claus.html and Giphy.com