woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

Letter To The Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Dear Seniors,

I know some of you reading this may feel bittersweet about these four years having gone by so fast that it probably feels like you missed a big chunk of time. If college has been the best time of your life, a piece of you probably wishes you could go back and do it over again. If that’s not the case, then the day you have been waiting for is still approaching at a snail’s pace.

Either way, graduation is close and soon you will be considered a real adult having to go out into the world to find a decent job and your own house or apartment. The biggest challenge you may find yourself in is figuring out exactly what God is calling you to do once you leave Regent University.

If the next few steps that you need to take are still unclear as you wait on God, it can feel unnerving and scary. But you already know what the best thing to do and that is trust that God is listening to your prayers for this next season in your life and that he will lead you down the right path.

Matthew 6:25-27 says, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?”

With that in mind, in this remaining time of college, make every moment count by enjoying it to the best of your ability. It’s completely okay to live in the present, so enjoy the here and now and the future will come when it comes. Spend as much time with your friends as possible, adding to the memories that you’ve already made because it maybe a long time before you get to see them again. Sadly, some of your friends you may never see again. Have as much fun as you can, have but remember to also do your homework because your work ethic has gotten you this far. Keep pushing until the last assignment is done!

Lastly, I personally would like to congratulate you for making it this far. Congratulations on being the best you could be and learning all that you have learned academically and personally.

Go and be the best “Christian leaders to Change the World” and let nothing and no one, not even yourself, keep you from being exactly that.

Sincerely,

Lena

Photo Credit

Hey loves! I am Marlena Davis and I am a business major at Regent University. Although I love business I love writing even more. I have been writing ever since I learned to spell. I mostly write poetry, songs and stories but I have developed a desire to write about almost anything that comes to mind or things that I feel matter. I hope you enjoy reading all the articles to come.