HCRU Interviews: Kylen Griffith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

This week, HCRU interviewed another senior – Kylen Griffith – who offered great advice for incoming freshmen. Check it out!

(Her Campus): What is your major?

(Kylen Griffith): Government – it’s been a wild ride, and I’m not sure there’s any major that could possibly be more fun and interesting (especially during this time in history.)

(HC): What has been your favorite class at Regent University?

(KG): Any class I’ve taken with Dr. Koev has been amazing – my favorite was definitely American Foreign Policy, it was especially interesting given all the stuff that’s going on in the new administration. I’d highly recommend taking any class with him if you have the chance, though.

(HC): What has been your best memory of Regent?

(KG): Definitely competing in Moot Court. It taught me a lot about arguing and public speaking and law (and I made some great friends). I’d never done any sort of debate before I came here but decided to try it out for fun and it ended up being one of my greatest college experiences.

(HC): Do you have any advice for freshmen?

(KG): It is okay if things don’t go how you plan. You may end up switching majors or schools, and you may feel uncertain about your future, but those are normal feelings and things to do. Half of the reason we’re in college is to give us four years to figure things out so if you’re freaking out at the beginning because you don’t know what your future holds, just chill and recognize that this is a time of major growth and change for us, and that even if you’re not on the path you expected, your new path will be wonderful as well.

(HC): What is the toughest lesson you’ve learned since being in college?

(KG): How important time management is! If you don’t stay on top of things it can be really miserable during midterms and finals, and you probably won’t get the grades you’re hoping for when you’re trying to finish three papers in one day. It’s just super important to really plan out your homework schedules.

(HC): What do you plan on doing after graduation?

(KG): I’m going to be doing photography this summer and then hopefully in the fall find a government or nonprofit job in the Norfolk area.

Photo Credit