After An Attack On Campus, Regent Men Are Winning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

On January 17, a female student at Regent became victim to an unknown attacker, and an impending sense of doom when walking alone plagued the campus. With the suspect still at large, Regent has started implementing various security measures – but it’s the reaction of the men at Regent that has really brightened the mood of campus despite the severity of recent events.

Feeling a sudden call to action, several of the male students on campus have offered to walk females to and from class as needed, and many of the men started to park in the lot further from the living quarters so that the females can park closer. Admirably, some of the male students have also reflected that they should always be chivalrous with thoughts and action— not only when it’s convenient.

Tuesday night is when Regent students gather for Life Group, where students meet with other students on the hall for a devotional fellowship. The Tuesday following the attack was “prayer and share” night, where they uplifted the victim in prayer. In a time of crisis, the students at Regent have united in the face of danger.

The Regent student Facebook groups have exploded with offers of service and responses of gratitude, and it’s a pleasure to watch it all unfold. The action taken by the Regent men was a delightful surprise! Their ongoing action and concern is a good reminder that there are still decent people in the world.

Chivalry is not dead; it’s just hiding! 

Tiyra is a senior at Regent University studying English with a concentration in communications. No, she does not want to be a teacher. She is a total advertising and marketing geek (she reads Adweek every morning and AdAge every month). She enjoys writing, reading, learning new things, and good music. She is a fan of Korean dramas, they're a lot of fun! If you're looking for her, you can normally find her where the free food is.