Winter-to-Spring Fashion Transition Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

If you’re like me, you’re so over winter by now.  Thankfully for us, we can FINALLY say goodbye to winter and hello to spring!

Confused about how to dress for the changing weather? With the wacky weather and fluctating temperatures we’ve had, figuring out what to wear can be tricky. Here are some fashion tips to help you bring your winter wardrobe more spring forward:

1.   LAYERING

With unpredictable April weather, layering always saves the day.  Lightweight clothing typically works best for this tip.  Some things that work well as a base for layering include blouses, t-shirts, leggings, and dresses.  Pair these with either skinny jeans, a denim jacket, or a thin scarf.

2. PASTELS

Add pastels to your outfit, whether it be a baby blue purse or coral skinny jean!  Nothing yells spring more then pastels! Pair your coral skinnys with a flowy blouse, some cute flats, and a pair of pearls and you’re set!

3. MAXI DRESSES

Time to pull your favorite dresses out of the back of your closets ladies!  With the changing temperatures, maxi dresses are perfect.  Throw a pair of boots on and a little coat and you’re set to take on the day!

4. LACE

One of my all time favorite spring fashion trends is lace.  Of course there are a ton of lace tops out there, but why not throw on a light lace scarf, or a lace dress?  Lace says classy while still being casual enough!

5. NAILS

Spring fashion is not all about the clothes. It’s time to ditch the darker nail polishes and bring out your robin egg blues and shocking pinks! Feeling creative? Why not add some sparkle and give yourself an accent finger or two?!

6. ACCESSORIES

Make sure to not forget your accessories to dress up your spring outfits! Sunglasses are in this spring, as well as turquoise jewelry. You can also bling your fingers with some fun rings!  Don’t forget your brightly colored clutch to put your belongings in!

Now that you have the in on 2014 spring trends, get out there and enjoy the warm weather!

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)