CAMPUS CELEB: Elisa Frederick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

Do you love listening to artists Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Justin Moore, and Jason Aldean? Then check out Ramapo College junior, Elisa Frederick from Milmay, NJ. She may just be the next big name in the country music industry.

Elisa has been playing guitar and singing since the age of 12 when she started to take guitar and singing lessons.

Elisa is a singer, songwritier and guitarist. When Elisa isn’t playing music of her own, you can catch her playing at Greek events on campus or at her internship in the city.

As you can tell, Elisa’s schedule is very tight, but luckily for us, she squeezed in some time to answer a few questions. Read on to find out more about the talented musician.

Her Campus: What’s are you majoring in and what do you plan to do with your degree?

Elisa Frederick: I’m a music industry major. After graduation, I’m going to move to Nashville and work in the country music industry.

HC: What was the first song you learned to play?

EF: I don’t remember that far back, but the first country song I learned was “Tim McGraw” by Taylor Swift

HC: Have you ever competed with your music?

EF: I’ve competed in a few fraternity events on campus and I won first place in two of them!

HC: What goes on when you’re writing a song?

EF: Most of the good songs I write take about a half-hour.  Most of the time I can only write when I’m sad

HC: Do you get nervous before you perform and how do you handle mistakes you may make when performing?

EF: I get very nervous! As for mistakes, I just keep going and try to make the rest of the song extra good, so people forget my mistake.

HC: What’s your favorite part about music?

EF: I love expressing my emotions through a song and just having fun. Listening to country music always puts me in a better mood.

HC: What is your advice to others who are trying to pursue music?

EF: If someone really wants to purse music as a career, my best advice to them would be to practice and perform as much as possible. Never stop pushing yourself.

We love listening to Elisa’s music and we think you will too! Be sure to “like” her Facebook page and check out her Youtube channel

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)