WiGo Madness: The Elite Eight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

If you haven’t heard of WiGo by now, you might have to question whether or not you actually attend Quinnipiac University.  If you find that you do, in fact, go here and don’t have the awesome app on your phone, do yourself and your social life a massive favor and download it immediately!

According to WiGo’s mission statement, “WiGo is the “who’s going out” app for college students.  WiGo helps students quickly figure out who’s going out and where.  Group texts and Facebook events are lame ways to make plans.  Our student-only filter blocks all townies, adults, and other randos.”

WiGo is one of the best things that has ever happened to the social lives of college students.  WiGo has made discovering weekend plans, organizing Greek life philanthropy events, and finding out where your friends are headed 1,000 times easier.  With the simple tap of a button, college students are able to post where they are going for the night.  WiGo allows students to host an event and invite fellow students, while attendees can post their photos in “said event” in hopes of drawing more students to the party, bar, club, event, etc.

What’s really cool for the months of March and April is WiGO Madness 2015.  Basically, WiGo Madness is a tournament to find the nation’s top party school among the schools that are WiGo unlocked.  The college or university that wins the tournament will “receive an epic all-inclusive WiGo-hosted blowout party.”

The rules of WiGo Madness are simple.  According to WiGo, each game will have one winner, calculated using:

• Percentage of school attending the Wigo Madness event
  • Number of users attending the Wigo Madness event
  • Number of invites/taps to the Wigo Madness event
  • Number of photos posted inside the Wigo Madness event
  • Number of new users during the Wigo Madness event

WiGo Madness 2015 began on March 25.  Quinnipiac has made it to the Elite Eight in WiGo Madness 2015.  The next round will take place on Monday, April 6, when Quinnipiac is set to take on Southern Illinois University.

Be sure to show some serious Bobcat pride on April 6 to guarantee we advance to the Final Four!

Hey everyone! I'm Christina Ruenes. I am a junior at Quinnipiac University from Long Island, New York. I'm an International Business Major, Marketing Minor. I have a wide range of interests including travel, fashion, news, history, beauty, and entertainment. I ultimately enjoy writing about topics that I find interesting and that I think other collegiates would like to read about.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!