Why You Should Fall in Love With Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

1.     Scenery  

Who doesn’t love the changing colors of leaves? If there were a season dedicated to taking long walks and artsy photos, fall would be the winner. Not only are the trees absolutely gorgeous, but also the temperature is cool enough to sport your favorite pieces of fall attire. Which brings me to my next point…  

2.     Sweater Weather

‘Tis the season to bring out your sweaters, leggings, jeans, scarves and boots. Sweaters and boots go together like peanut butter and jelly; put them together and you have double the reason to love fall.

3.     Shaving Less

Don’t pretend that you aren’t excited; in the fall you are wearing pants the majority of the time, so why bother shaving if no one is going to see? I won’t tell if you won’t.

4.     New Shows

We’re excited to see our school friends, but there are some new kids in town this fall. There are so many new shows that have already grabbed my attention, such as “Scream Queens,” which stars a lot of familiar faces like Keke Palmer and Emma Roberts. “Grandfathered” is another upcoming fall show which stars John Stamos and Josh Peck *double swoon*. This show is about a non-committing bachelor who just found out he has a family and tries to navigate his new life.  This show will just have to quench our thirst before “Fuller House” is released. Circle your calendars for all the premieres and get ready to make some dates with your couch and TV.

5.     Season Premieres

The end of summer means the end of reruns! When my favorite shows say goodbye in the spring, it feels like I am losing my good friends. But in the fall, I get them back!

6.     Football Season

If our school had a football team I would be at every game displaying my Bobcat spirit! In the mean time, I will just be cheering for my team from my couch… GO GIANTS!

7.     Halloweekend

You are never too old to dress up for Halloween. If you hate dressing up, simply throw on some ears and call yourself a cat. After going through three costume changes and having an awesome time with your friends, you will feel like you accomplished a lot this Halloweekend.

8.     Movie Marathons

If you ever wondered what to do on boring days in October, I’ve got two words for you: MOVIE MARATHONS. Whether you’re screaming during a horror movie or quoting lines from Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown, it’s time to get your popcorn ready… and maybe a night-light too!

9.     Cider Donuts

When it comes to fall, New England is cider doughnut country. Whether they’re from an apple orchard or a bakery, a fresh batch of those hot and crispy rings are the best reward after a long week of classes. So grab a blanket and some apple cider and enjoy the taste of autumn.

10.  Fairs

No matter which one you go to, going to a fair is one of the best traditions of fall. Whether it’s the Durham Fair or the Big E there will always be carnival games, a Ferris wheel and a day full of fun. Of course there is also an array of deep fried food that basically feels like the gift that keeps on giving.  

11.  Thanksgiving

Who doesn’t love a little quality time spent at home? Seeing your family and close friends while stuffing your face and just relaxing at home holds a special place in my heart.

12.  Gaining an hour of sleep

Who could complain about that? Thank you Daylight Savings!

13.  Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING

The essential seasonal spice is back! No matter where you turn, pumpkin flavor has found its way into all types of foods. What collegiette can honestly say they don’t get excited when they hear there is a “pumpkin spice” flavor?

Drew Iorillo

Quinnipiac

Drew Iorillo is a current student at Quinnipiac University. She is a Cali-Country girl with a love for music and animals. Her likes include watching Netflix, Pinterest, and talking about her favorite TV hotties. Eventually Drew wants to be a talent agent and a photographer on the side. Stay in touch with her blog about new artists ontheryes.wordpress.com, and on her Pinterest (jnkgirl).
Kacey LaBar

Quinnipiac

A Jersey Girl at heart with big city dreams! I'm a senior at Quinnipiac University. I love writing about celebrities, trends, music & movies!