freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Victoria Johnson’s Valentine’s Day Makeovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

This week I spoke with Victoria Johnson, a student at Quinnipiac who does some amazing make up. In light of Valentine’s Day, she shared some hot make up tips for the perfect look tomorrow:

I love Valentine’s Day. I’ve never had a boyfriend on Valentine’s Day, but that hasn’t stopped me from celebrating this holiday all about love.

As a self-professed make up enthusiast, I can always find an excuse to get super dolled up and Valentine’s Day is definitely one of [those excuses]. I have compiled several videos to help you beautiful people navigate the make up scene this V-Day.

1. A black smoky eye

I think a black smoky eye can work for many occasions, including Valentine’s Day. This video is very easy to follow, and the look itself is very sultry and sexy. It’s perfect for a night out with your girlfriends or even with a boy (if you’re daring enough).

2. Neutral eyes and pink lips

If you aren’t into super dramatic eye make up, you can opt for a more neutral shadow and a bright lip. Jeffree Star is a make up god; every single tutorial of his gives me life. This one is soft and feminine, so it will work for whatever you end up doing.

3. Red eyeshadow

This was a look I filmed last week and just uploaded. It is NOT wearable whatsoever, but I wanted to film something I don’t see a lot of people wearing. Red eyeshadow is hard to wear and work with, so you definitely need to take your time.

4. “No Make Up” Make Up

“No make up” make up is about enhancing your natural beauty. This make up tutorial is for those of you who want to look as natural as possible but still want to look put together. This look is perfect all year round!

5. Red lipstick

Red lips are always a good idea for Valentine’s Day, even if you’re going to be kissing someone. This video that I filmed several weeks ago will give you tips on howto appropriately apply a red lip. I also share my personal red lipstick recommendations.

Use any of Victoria’s make up tips this Valentine’s Day? Tweet us a picture of your look at @hercampusqu and you could be featured on our Twitter! 

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com