Style File: Asia Ariel Skyers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Name: Asia Ariel Skyers

Graduating Class: 2016

Major: Political Science, double minor in Theater and Psychology

Hobbies: Writing poetry and community service

Tell us about your outfit.

I have on a sleeveless red chiffon top from Forever 21, a fitted black blazer from H&M, and a pair of black slacks from Marshall’s.  I dressed up my outfit with a light pink string of jewelry around my neck and a low pair of heels (for business purposes).  I wore my hair to the side in a low ponytail to keep a sense of professionalism.

Who or what was the inspiration for your outfit today?

Olivia Pope.  I have an internship where the dress is business-business casual.  I hope to one day have her wardrobe.

What is your favorite place to shop, and what do you normally buy?

I love H&M and my mom shops at Ralph Lauren for me.  She usually gets oxford shirts, sweaters and the occasional polo shirt.  At H&M, it really depends on the occasion.  I go there for a good amount of my business attire, although I do shop at Forever 21, among many other stores, for that as well.  H&M has a wide variety of clothes, so I go there for anything from dresses to cute tops.

Which trends are you currently loving?

Chiffon blouses or oxford shirts with skinny jeans.  They can be worn with blazers or sweaters; there’s the option for flats or heals; and they can be topped off with nice jewelry.  This trend is timeless.  Women are able to look classy, flirty, and even sexy all at the same time.  This outfit is versatile enough to be worn in a casual setting, a professional setting and even a date-night setting.  A blouse and a pair of jeans that fit perfectly in all the right places never fails!

Which trends do you want to go away?

Sneaker-heals because….Why?  I think they are a sad attempt at making something “masculine” more feminine.

Who is your style icon?

Keke Palmer.  She ALWAYS looks on point.

Describe your style in three words.

Whatever matches best.

Any fashion advice for others?

Less is more! 

My name is Tori Batiste and I am a current junior at Quinnipiac University studying Film and Women's Studies. I am a Texas native and cant wait for life to bring more happiness and joy. I enjoy anything that can spark my imagination and that challenges me. I have so much to share with the world that I just cant help but express myself.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!