Spooky Special Halloween Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Fall has settled in, the leaves are crispy and brighter, the weather is colder and for one night the Slob cats come out and play. Flaunting your skimpiest and risqué costumes, the naughty schoolgirl or nurse, the sexy witch or even dressing up as Lady Gaga, Halloween has arrived! If you are tired of the usual Toads, night out and the fact that Halloween has fallen on an awkward Wednesday, here are some things you can do throughout the next couple of days before Halloween.

Outside Quinnipiac University

Whether a freshman or sophomore looking to explore the town or an upperclassmen looking for a new adventure. Here are 3 things you can do outside Quinnipiac University in the towns surrounding us.

Haunted Isle, October, 26 & 27: 7-10 pm
The Shoreline Trolley Museum, 17 River St., East Haven, 203.467.6927 Admission: $10; express $20
You take a trolley to a wooded area where you are let out to walk along a haunted trail where creeps, ghouls, ghosts and other nonhuman entities are hiding behind every corner.
.
Night of the Living Barcrawlers Events, October 27, 2012 and October 31, 2012

For the 21 and older crowd, the Night of the Living Barcrawlers has two different events on two separate dates. One event is on October 27th at noon until 9pm. The cost is $20 for the whole day you get to hangout, party ,and drink at participating bars such as Black Bear, O’Tooles Irish Pub & Restaurant, and Kelly’s. The second event is on Halloween day. This time at the Olde School Saloon & Bistro in New Haven. It starts at 5pm, admission is $5 for a night of drinking, dancing and scary cheap deals.

New Haven Museum Lantern Tour of Evergreen Cemetery, October 26, 2012, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
For the non-drinking, 21 and under looking for a slightly different and spookier adventure, the New Haven Museum is hosting a tour of Evergreen Cemetery. Participants meet at Evergreen Cemetery, 769 Ella T. Grasso Blvd. and get a tour around the cemetery learning about some of the famous dead folk buried there. The event is free and light refreshments will be served

On Quinnipiac Campus Event

For an event more closer to home how about in our own Quinnipiac University Backyard
Brendan Kelly Lectures on Vampirism and Psychiatry, October 24th 2012, 7pm-9pm
This lecture takes place on Wednesday October 24th 2012 at the Grand courtroom in the School of Law Center on Mount Carmel Campus from 7pm-9pm. Dr. Brendan Kelly is a senior lecturer of psychiatry and consulting psychiatrist at University College Dublin and Mater Misericordiae University Hospital. The event will focus on the psychology of vampires through tales of vampires in more recent popular culture such as Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series and  the movie series Twilight.

Hope these events will kick start your Halloween Events. Have fun and get scared!

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!