Quick and Easy Mac and Cheesy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Don’t know what to make for dinner tonight? In the mood for some mac and cheese? Here’s a simple chicken mac and cheese recipe to fulfill your hunger tonight:

1.     Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and butter (or spray some Pam) in your baking dish and set aside.

2.     In a large pot, boil your pasta until it’s al dente. Drain the water, fill the pot with cold water (to stop the pasta from cooking) and drain again.

3.     In a pan, cook a chicken breast with a seasoning of your liking. Then, chop up the chicken to your desirable size.

4.     In a large pot on medium heat, stir milk, butter, cheeses of your choice (smoked gouda adds a great accent) and flour until it becomes slightly thick.

5.     In the same pan add the cooked pasta and chicken and mix until contents are evenly distributed.

6.     Pour content into baking dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

You’re all set! You will then have about three to four meals. To change up the recipe, add bacon or change the chicken to a different meat of your choice.

Have any quick recipes you’d like to share? Tweet them to us @hercampusqu!

Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com