QU Leader: Lindsey Banks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Name: Lindsey Banks

Hometown: Englewood, New Jersey

What is your involvement like at Quinnipiac?

I’ve been a part of Kappa Delta since my freshmen year. I was the Vice President of Standards my sophomore to junior year and since then I’ve served on the standards board and as the chaplain. I was an Orientation Leader in the summer of 2014. I’ve been elected to Student Government the past two years. Last year, I was a junior class representative and this year I was the school’s very first Vice President for Student Experience.

How do you think being so involved will help you post graduation?

Aside from leadership, time management, and critical thinking, my involvement has taught me the most about people– myself included. I’ve developed a lot of self-awareness and social intelligence just from the different situations I’ve been apart of and types of groups I’ve worked with. I think these skill sets can be transferred into any job I end up having in the future.

What advice do you have for students who are shy about getting involved?

The best things you can do in college and in life really are things you never thought you would. Getting involved helps you figure out so much about who you are and where you want to go. Try something out and if you don’t like it, try something else. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain by putting yourself out there. This is the time to do it.

How do you balance being involved while staying on top of your schoolwork?

It sounds simple but I always have a list open on the side of my computer of everything I have to do. It helps me prioritize and make sure I get everything done. Academics has always come first for me and with all the extra work I’ve had from my involvement, it almost forced me to stay even more on top of my school work.

What are your plans upon graduation?

After interning for Unilever this past summer I was offered and accepted a full time position post-graduation. I’ll be in their “UFLP” program, which is a three-year accelerated rotational program where I’ll serve as an assistant and associate manager in a range of marketing and sales roles domestically and internationally. I find out in a few weeks where in the United States I’ll be working for my first role.

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com