Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Quinnipiac Blog

Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

By Tia Meyers
February 4, 2013 - 9:17am

I love peanut butter cookies and this recipe is perfect for some soft and chewy cookies. Grab a glass of milk and a cookie (or two, or three) and enjoy! What you will need: ▪                2 cups all-purpose flour ▪                1/2 tsp. baking soda ▪                1/4 tsp. salt ▪                1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed ▪                1 1/4 cups white sugar ▪                1 cup salted butter, softened ▪                3 large eggs ▪                1 cup creamy peanut butter READ MORE

College Girls Guide: Planning Ahead

By Sara LeDuc
January 29, 2013 - 10:00am

Have you ever waited until the last minute to do a paper? Study for a test? Complete a group assignment? I know I have, and the outcome is never fun. It’s not that there is necessarily a bad grade that comes out of this, but rather sheer exhaustion as well as the start of a terrible cycle. The rushing, frantic working and high anxiety that accompanies last minute work is draining, perpetuating days of recuperation time and catalyzing nothing but a repeat of the same cycle. Nope, it’s not fun. At all. And it’s certainly not useful. You may be thinking that there is no way to keep this from happening, if only on a sporadic basis. However, last semester I learned that this is, in fact, completely preventable....

College Girls Guide: Planning Ahead

By Sara LeDuc
January 29, 2013 - 10:00am

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: The End of the Beginning

By Allison Feeney
December 4, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Guide to Holiday Gifting

By Sara LeDuc
December 3, 2012 - 11:00am

Stuck on what to get your BFF this Christmas? It feels like this is such an overwhelming time, filled with the need to frantically run out and buy never ending gifts for all of our loved ones. And let’s face it, sometimes we run out of ideas. Here are some affordable and not to mention adorable hints of what to get every time of girl: For the girly-girl: Sephora offers amazing deals at the time of year, packaged in their value sets! You can find them at almost any price point, and they are all a great deal and are bound to make any girly-girl happy. I especially love this Stila Lip Glaze pack, and it’s super affordable!...

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: How to Get Into the Holiday Spirit

By Allison Feeney
November 27, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: The Start of The Holidays

By Allison Feeney
November 20, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Setting Goals

By Sara LeDuc
November 14, 2012 - 11:00am

Sometimes it seems that especially as a senior, I have been setting lots of goals for myself. Get a 4.0 GPA. Get a job for after graduation. Get in shape. Read at least 5 books for fun. The list goes on and on. I have a feeling, though, that I am not alone. Since college is a time of learning and growing, many of us have the same mindset: do well and accomplish a lot. Reaching goals is not ever as easy as setting them, however. So many times I feel as if by the end of the semester, my goals have eluded me, and I am often times right back where I started. It’s kind of like when you make a long list of new years resolutions, only the next New Year’s Eve to discover that you did not, in fact, reach any of them....

College Girls' Guide: Top 5 Dorm Room Cleaning Products

By Sara LeDuc
November 8, 2012 - 11:00am

Living in a dorm or apartment during college is fun but also presents its own set of challenges. One of those is keeping it clean and tidy. Sure, living in such a small space seems like it’d be so simple to keep everything spick and span. However, sometimes it’s  even trickier than keeping your room at home clean. I know that I get skeeved out really easily when it comes to cleanliness, especially in my dorm kitchen and bathroom. Sharing a space with others who don’t always have the same living preferences as you proves to be another challenge, especially when it comes to keeping things clean. Luckily enough, though, there are simple products that we can use to keep our space clean as a whistle without spending too much time cleaning!...

Feeney's Fabulous Finds: Surviving Til Thanksgiving

By Allison Feeney
November 2, 2012 - 11:00am

The stretch from September until Thanksgiving break is the longest stretch of the entire school year, and often times can be the most stressful. For me, the few weeks between midterms and break are the longest three weeks ever. We are pretty lucky at Quinnipiac because we get 10 days off to spend relaxing and enjoying time with our families, while the average college student gets a few days and stressful traveling. Over the past three years I have come up with some tactics to help me stay sane during the times when all I want to do is be home. READ MORE