Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Quinnipiac Blog

College Girls Guide: Planning Ahead

By Sara LeDuc
January 29, 2013 - 10:00am

Have you ever waited until the last minute to do a paper? Study for a test? Complete a group assignment? I know I have, and the outcome is never fun. It’s not that there is necessarily a bad grade that comes out of this, but rather sheer exhaustion as well as the start of a terrible cycle. The rushing, frantic working and high anxiety that accompanies last minute work is draining, perpetuating days of recuperation time and catalyzing nothing but a repeat of the same cycle. Nope, it’s not fun. At all. And it’s certainly not useful. You may be thinking that there is no way to keep this from happening, if only on a sporadic basis. However, last semester I learned that this is, in fact, completely preventable....

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: The End of the Beginning

By Allison Feeney
December 4, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Guide to Holiday Gifting

By Sara LeDuc
December 3, 2012 - 11:00am

Stuck on what to get your BFF this Christmas? It feels like this is such an overwhelming time, filled with the need to frantically run out and buy never ending gifts for all of our loved ones. And let’s face it, sometimes we run out of ideas. Here are some affordable and not to mention adorable hints of what to get every time of girl: For the girly-girl: Sephora offers amazing deals at the time of year, packaged in their value sets! You can find them at almost any price point, and they are all a great deal and are bound to make any girly-girl happy. I especially love this Stila Lip Glaze pack, and it’s super affordable!...

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: How to Get Into the Holiday Spirit

By Allison Feeney
November 27, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: The Start of The Holidays

By Allison Feeney
November 20, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Setting Goals

By Sara LeDuc
November 14, 2012 - 11:00am

Sometimes it seems that especially as a senior, I have been setting lots of goals for myself. Get a 4.0 GPA. Get a job for after graduation. Get in shape. Read at least 5 books for fun. The list goes on and on. I have a feeling, though, that I am not alone. Since college is a time of learning and growing, many of us have the same mindset: do well and accomplish a lot. Reaching goals is not ever as easy as setting them, however. So many times I feel as if by the end of the semester, my goals have eluded me, and I am often times right back where I started. It’s kind of like when you make a long list of new years resolutions, only the next New Year’s Eve to discover that you did not, in fact, reach any of them....

College Girls' Guide: Top 5 Dorm Room Cleaning Products

By Sara LeDuc
November 8, 2012 - 11:00am

Living in a dorm or apartment during college is fun but also presents its own set of challenges. One of those is keeping it clean and tidy. Sure, living in such a small space seems like it’d be so simple to keep everything spick and span. However, sometimes it’s  even trickier than keeping your room at home clean. I know that I get skeeved out really easily when it comes to cleanliness, especially in my dorm kitchen and bathroom. Sharing a space with others who don’t always have the same living preferences as you proves to be another challenge, especially when it comes to keeping things clean. Luckily enough, though, there are simple products that we can use to keep our space clean as a whistle without spending too much time cleaning!...

Feeney's Fabulous Finds: Surviving Til Thanksgiving

By Allison Feeney
November 2, 2012 - 11:00am

The stretch from September until Thanksgiving break is the longest stretch of the entire school year, and often times can be the most stressful. For me, the few weeks between midterms and break are the longest three weeks ever. We are pretty lucky at Quinnipiac because we get 10 days off to spend relaxing and enjoying time with our families, while the average college student gets a few days and stressful traveling. Over the past three years I have come up with some tactics to help me stay sane during the times when all I want to do is be home. READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Guilty Pleasures, Everyone Has Them

By Sara LeDuc
October 29, 2012 - 11:00am

Like everyone else, I have guilty pleasures - a LOT of them. To be honest, I’m a pretty weird girl. My family and boyfriend can attest to that. With that said, I wanted to share some of my favorite guilty pleasures with you: 1. The Private book series - Kate Brian’s series of Private books are a big guilty pleasure of mine. I started reading them in high school and have read, and loved, them all! The guiltiness? They are for girls ages 14 and up. I just can’t help it, I am obsessed with them! They are just so...scandalous. I even embarrassingly watched the web series of the story. READ MORE

The Insanity of a Healthy Lifestyle in College: Protein Power

By Katie and Meg
October 26, 2012 - 11:00am

While food high in protein is often available, sometimes during a busy day eating grilled chicken or a hard-boil egg just isn’t an option. The solution? Protein powder. Not the kind of protein that your boyfriend might use to bulk up, but a supplement that will help with muscle recovery after a workout. Contrary to popular belief, using protein powder will not make you gain weight or turn you in a macho man.
When we started INSANITY, we decided that we would also add a daily protein shake to help us recover, lose weight, and improve our general health. We use the protein shake as a meal replacement, and so far it’s been awesome! READ MORE