Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Quinnipiac Blog

A Classic and Cozy Look For Class

By Kory Tobias

College Girls Guide: Making Connections with College Professors

By Sara LeDuc
February 18, 2013 - 10:00am

Once you get to college, you realize how insanely different your relationship with professors is than your previous relationships with your teachers that you had in high school. Especially if you go to a big school with big lectures, you will come to realize that you have very little direct contact with your professors. Because I don’t go to a big school, though, and instead go to a smaller school with small class sizes, I do have a lot of contact with my professors. I have even found it super useful to develop relationships with them and even continue to be in touch with some after I’m done with their classes. READ MORE

College Girls Guide: How to be a Standout Intern

By Sara LeDuc
February 11, 2013 - 10:00am

Over winter break, I completed an internship that I actually really loved. I didn’t find myself waiting for the time to pass and dying to leave.Instead, I was always so busy and loved the projects I worked on as well as the people I worked with. Everyone is so helpful, welcoming, and very, very smart.As we all know, internships are a very important part of college and are instrumental in getting a job once college is over.On top of that, they are a great learning experience. If you’re anything like me and love to work, you probably think they are so much fun. READ MORE

Homemade Guacamole Recipe

By Tia Meyers
February 8, 2013 - 3:22pm

What you will need: READ MORE

Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

By Tia Meyers
February 4, 2013 - 9:17am

I love peanut butter cookies and this recipe is perfect for some soft and chewy cookies. Grab a glass of milk and a cookie (or two, or three) and enjoy! What you will need: ▪                2 cups all-purpose flour ▪                1/2 tsp. baking soda ▪                1/4 tsp. salt ▪                1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed ▪                1 1/4 cups white sugar ▪                1 cup salted butter, softened ▪                3 large eggs ▪                1 cup creamy peanut butter READ MORE

College Girls Guide: Planning Ahead

By Sara LeDuc
January 29, 2013 - 10:00am

Have you ever waited until the last minute to do a paper? Study for a test? Complete a group assignment? I know I have, and the outcome is never fun. It’s not that there is necessarily a bad grade that comes out of this, but rather sheer exhaustion as well as the start of a terrible cycle. The rushing, frantic working and high anxiety that accompanies last minute work is draining, perpetuating days of recuperation time and catalyzing nothing but a repeat of the same cycle. Nope, it’s not fun. At all. And it’s certainly not useful. You may be thinking that there is no way to keep this from happening, if only on a sporadic basis. However, last semester I learned that this is, in fact, completely preventable....

College Girls Guide: Planning Ahead

By Sara LeDuc
January 29, 2013 - 10:00am

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: The End of the Beginning

By Allison Feeney
December 4, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

College Girls' Guide: Guide to Holiday Gifting

By Sara LeDuc
December 3, 2012 - 11:00am

Stuck on what to get your BFF this Christmas? It feels like this is such an overwhelming time, filled with the need to frantically run out and buy never ending gifts for all of our loved ones. And let’s face it, sometimes we run out of ideas. Here are some affordable and not to mention adorable hints of what to get every time of girl: For the girly-girl: Sephora offers amazing deals at the time of year, packaged in their value sets! You can find them at almost any price point, and they are all a great deal and are bound to make any girly-girl happy. I especially love this Stila Lip Glaze pack, and it’s super affordable!...

Feeney’s Fabulous Finds: How to Get Into the Holiday Spirit

By Allison Feeney
November 27, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE