This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is sophomore Liv Dufault!  Liv is a Media Studies major and Entrepreneurship minor from Holden, Massachusetts.  You may recognize her if you hang around the media suite or are flipping through the channels on your television to Q30.  I was able to chat with this media-savvy student about her interests and what it’s like being a part of one of the best college TV stations in the nation.

HC: What extracurricular activities do you participate in on campus?  Can you tell us a little about your roles in these organizations?

LD: I am involved with Q30 Television and PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America).  I am a paying member of PRSSA and hope to attend the national conference in November 2015.  In Q30, I am highly involved.  I am an associate producer of the entertainment show Hashtag That and I have also been involved with the Q30 Newscast as a weather person, entertainment anchor and a main anchor.  As an associate producer for Hashtag That, I help create packages and find content for the show.  I also assist the executive producers with anything they need.

HC: What do you think is the best part about a part of Q30?

LD: I think the best part about being involved with Q30 is it’s such an amazing learning experience.  It’s completely hands-on, and the people involved are so incredibly talented.  I’m very proud to be a part of the college television station that won the 2014 Pinnacle Award for Best College TV Station of the Year.

HC: So what’s an average day like filming for Q30?

LD: Filming isn’t just done in one day.  Each show is always being worked on, and something is always being filmed.  Like they say, television never sleeps.

HC: Are you hoping to pursue a career in television after graduation?  If not, what would you like to do?

LD: I’m not positive what I want to do after graduation.  As a Media Studies major, I have a lot of leeway, which gives me the opportunity to experiment with multiple fields of study.  Obviously, I would love to be on television with a network such as E! News, but if that doesn’t work out I am also very interested in Public Relations.  I just want to work with people.  I’m definitely a people person.

HC: Are there any celebrities that you admire or view as role models?

LD: My all-time favorite actress is Reese Witherspoon.  I think she has a lot of class, and I especially look up to her character Elle Woods from the movie Legally Blonde.  That’s one of my favorite movies because it has such a powerful message that women can do anything they set their minds to.

HC: What advice would you give to someone who wants to get involved in television or with Q30?

LD: I say go for it.  Being a part of Q30 has been such an amazing experience, and I’ve met so many wonderful people by being part of this organization.  You learn so much, and I promise you won’t regret joining.  At the end of the day, Q30 is a family.

Special thanks to Liv for taking the time to talk to Her Campus!  For more info about Q30 Television, check out the network’s website at www.qu30television.com and follow @Q30Television on Twitter!

Hey everyone! I'm Christina Ruenes. I am a junior at Quinnipiac University from Long Island, New York. I'm an International Business Major, Marketing Minor. I have a wide range of interests including travel, fashion, news, history, beauty, and entertainment. I ultimately enjoy writing about topics that I find interesting and that I think other collegiates would like to read about.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!