Life Lessons You SHOULD Know before you’re 21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

1.Champagne, vodka, gin and beer don’t mix well.

2.If he’s not ever calling before 11 p.m., he’s not interested in a real relationship.

3.“Comfort” and “security” aren’t big enough reasons to stay with someone.

4.Guys don’t care about — or even notice — those 10 extra pounds.

5.Love is rarely packaged the way you expect it to be.

6.It’s generally much kinder to be direct with someone than beat around the truth in order to spare feelings.

7.One of the biggest keys to making friendships last is being flexible in your expectations.

8.If your happiness with someone is contingent on one little thing he or she needs to change, cut your losses and move on.

9.If you don’t have the money to pay cash for it, don’t buy it.

10.If his friends hate you, your days together are probably numbered.

11.Relationships are not supposed to be hard in the beginning.

12.If he says he doesn’t want a relationship, he really means it.

13.Nude underwear is really the only acceptable color to wear under white pants.

14.This moment — however good or bad it is — will be just a blip on the radar two years from now.

15.If he seems obsessed with his ex, he probably is.

16.Holding a grudge is bad for your back (and soul).

17.A teaspoon is not the same thing as a tablespoon.

18.Buying it one size too small won’t make you lose weight any faster.

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!