Just the Little Things: Campus Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

We’ve all seen them. If you’re walking around campus and you don’t see a couple, it’s probably after 1 in the morning on a weeknight. Oh, just kidding, there’s one right now. And eventually it becomes just the little things that couples do that start to bother you.

Walking around campus, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the amount of couples. And, as if that wasn’t enough, extreme levels of PDA will suffocate you to further feelings of pessimism toward any couple that crosses your path.

Getting trapped behind a slow-moving couple is something almost everyone experiences on a daily basis. And you know the ones I’m talking about: the couple that feels the need to turn to each other and kiss after every forth step they take.  

The worst part of being stuck behind a couple is to have them abruptly stop to kiss each other goodbye when they part ways for class… As if they won’t be texting for the entire time they’re apart and won’t be seeing each other in about an hour.

9 times out of 10, looking around the campus will put about six couples in your field-of-vision that seem to be closing in on you from every possible angle.

All that being said, being a bitter, single college student is 10 times more difficult when couples are taunting you all day long. As if schoolwork isn’t enough torment, there is the pressure of wanting someone to be able to spend your time with—someone to distract you from the stress of the three essays you have due by Friday—but good luck finding one between studying for the 4 tests you have next week, not to mention the pop quiz that you’ll fail, and the research paper that is worth half your grade.

But, without a doubt, there will always be couples on campus, no matter where you go. Deal with it how you may.

Tara O'Neill

Quinnipiac

Sophomore. Print Journalism major. The whole point of this blog is satire and sarcasm. You really can't take me too seriously on here... I'm just trying to introduce everyone to a new perspective on things.