Healthy Snacks to Keep in Your Book Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

I never fail to get hungry during the school day.  Whether I’m on break between classes or my stomach starts rumbling during class, I always make sure I have healthy, portable snacks in my backpack within reach.  Here are my favorites:

Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Granola Bars

These always hit the spot for me.  My favorite flavor is the almond variety, but there are also options such as cashew and peanut.  Plus, they’re only 160 calories per bar and low in fat.

Craisins

When I eat these, I feel like I’m eating candy—that’s how good they taste.  But, in reality, they’re dried cranberries packed with antioxidants and come in at only 130 calories per ¼ cup.  Craisins also come in portable, snack-size boxes, which are perfect for keeping in your backpack.

Apples/Bananas

Fruit is always a good snack to have on hand.  Not only is fruit good for you, but it helps your body fuel up on the necessary vitamins and natural sugars to get through the day.  Apples and bananas are easy to carry in your bag and taste good, too.

belVita Breakfast Biscuits

My favorite is the chocolate flavor!  These are a great option for when you’re rushing to class in the morning and don’t have time to eat breakfast but still want something to hold you over.  They taste like cookies, but they’re good for you—packed with several essential vitamins.

Pretzels

Pretzels are a good option when you’re looking for something with crunch but don’t want to give in to the greasy potato chips.  I grab about 25 pretzels and put them in a sandwich bag.  This snacks comes in around 120 calories.  They are also usually low in fat.  They’re perfect toward the end of the school day when your tummy is rumbling!

I hope you liked these healthy, portable snack ideas!  Let us know what goodies you’re toting around in the comments below or on Twitter.

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!