Five Easy-to-Make Desserts You’ll Want to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Looking for a simple, sweet treat to make just because? Indulge in some of our favorites that all take less than 30 minutes to make! Here are five easy recipes you’ll want to try:

Crispy S’mores Mix

This is a delicious treat that takes less than 10 minutes to make. Simply mix Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, Fluff (or solid marshmallows) and drizzle either Nutella or your favorite melted chocolate over the top!

Apple Pie Bites

Simply mix diced apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Unroll and shape Pillsbury croissant rolls individually into a cupcake pan. Put the apple mixture into the doughy bowls and bake until golden brown.

Mini Chocolate Croissants

This recipe only requires Pillsbury croissant dough and your favorite chocolate. Wrap a piece of chocolate in the croissant dough and bake until golden brown. If you want to get fancy, drizzle chocolate on top and add some powdered sugar!

Puff Pastries

As you can see by now, Pillsbury croissant rolls are a necessity for many simple dessert recipes. Shape the croissant rolls into a square and press your thumb down in the middle of the roll to create a small dent. Bake until golden brown. Once finished and cool, put your favorite fruits in the middle along with whipped cream or your favorite choice of ice cream.

Fried Bananas

Mix some pancake batter in a bowl. Chop up thick slices of fresh banana and dip the pieces in the batter. When finished, put vegetable oil in a pan and fry the banana pieces until golden brown. When the pieces are ready, lay them over a paper towel to soak up some grease. Once cool, eat the pieces on its own or top them with your favorite ice cream and some powdered sugar!

Have any simple dessert recipes you’d like to share? Tweet us at @hercampusqu!

Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com