This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

The Fall and Winter seasons call for layering, lining and fur all over! Fur has become an essential item for the freezing season. Whether on the hood of a anorak parka, the collar and lapel of a reefer coat or a fuzzy, soft, sleek faux fur coat, fur is an alluring, cold-defying Winter necessity. 

If you’re not into wearing real fur, opting for faux fur is always a great alternative. It looks just as good and won’t break your bank, considering a typical mink or fox fur coat can cost up to two grand or more and as a broke college student, styling with a budget is a must. 

If lavish fur coats aren’t your cup of tea, fear not! You can step into the freezing season with furry accessories like faux fur mittens, beanies and scarves that simplistically glam up any ordinary jacket or coat while still being trendy. 

Remember, style doesn’t have to kill your wallet. There are always glamorous, affordable alternatives that will spring you into the season with confidence, knowing you’re on trend with money left to spend. 

Instagram: @AaliayahIvy NYC 18 year old Aspiring fashion journlaist, stylist and professional style blogger. 
Kacey LaBar

Quinnipiac

A Jersey Girl at heart with big city dreams! I'm a senior at Quinnipiac University. I love writing about celebrities, trends, music & movies!